The Global Landscape Forum is now accepting applications for it’s Climate Photo Competition 2022. The forum believes that every picture tells a story hence, the establishment of the Climate Photo Competition.
Be you a professional or amateur, nature or urban photographer, the Global Landscape Forum would love to see your perspective on the impacts of climate change, as well as ways it can tackle it.
Global Landscape Forum Climate Photo Competition
All Interested applicant are encouraged to send their best pictures to the forum on how the climate crisis is impacting their landscape, or how their local community is dealing with it.
Regardless of what story you have, be it on drought, floods and other climate disasters, or how people are acting to reverse rising temperatures, the forum wants the world to see it.
About Global Landscape Forum (GLF) Climate Photo Competition 2022
Applications for the Global Landscape Forum (GLF) Climate Photo Competition will be accepted until 16 October. The finalists will be announced on 26 October and requested to send a short video message sharing the story of their picture.
Winners of the Competition will be announced on 11 November at GLF Climate 2022 alongside COP27 in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt. Then the very best photos and short videos will be displayed at the GLF Climate Art Gallery.
Details of Global Landscape Forum (GLF) Climate Photo Competition 2022
- Organization: Global Landscape Forum (GLF)
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: October 16, 2022
About Global Landscape Forum (GLF)
The Global Landscape Forum (GLF) is believed to be the world’s largest knowledge-led platform on sustainable land use. Global Landscape Forum is dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Climate Agreement.
Over time, GLF have connected over 4,000 organizations and 180,000 participants to it’s gatherings in the following countries: Warsaw, Lima, London, Paris, Marrakech, Jakarta, Bonn, Washington D.C., Katowice, Nairobi and Kyoto.
Also, it has reached over 500 million from 185 countries. The Global Landscape Forum seeks to green Africa through the AFR100 and Latin America through Initiative 20×20. The forum is fighting to save the world’s peatlands through the Global Peatlands Initiative.
Benefits of GFL Climate Photo Competition
- The Competion is done with Cash prizes of USD 400 (1st place), USD 300 (2nd place) and USD 200 (popular vote) being awarded.
- There will be a spread and interview in Landscape News.
- And a display at the GLF Climate 2022 Art Gallery.
How to Apply for Global Landscape Forum Climate Photo Competition
In other to participate, follow the steps below:
- Do an Upload of your photo by clicking this link: https://cmedia089988.typeform.com/to/ESEZrmXF
- Note that Each photograph uploaded is a single entry, but you can submit multiple entries.
- Files uploaded must include the photo’s title, the contributor’s name and contact information, including email address, social media handles (if applicable),
- And also a caption listing the subject and location, and a short description of the story behind the picture.
- All the Participants must have the full copyright to the submitted photos. Hence, by submitting their entries, participants will be presumed to have agreed to accept the contest rules and the terms and conditions.
- The Global Landscape Forum team will email all finalists in mid-October and have them invited to share a short video message about their photo and work.
- After which the best videos will be exhibited in the Forum’s art gallery at GLF Climate 2022 on 11 November (more information to be announced).
Criteria for GFL Climate Photo Competition Qualification
- The Global Landscape Forum (GLF) Climate Photo Competition is open to anyone from the age of 18 or above, be you a photo enthusiast or a professional photographer.
- Photos submitted from any country will be accepted.
- Submitting the photo Means that the participant guarantees that their participation follows the rules and agrees with the terms of this competition.
- Please note that any Photo that have previously won other photographic contests will not be considered.
Selection Criteria GFL Climate Photo Competition
- Applications / entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the GLF, who will select at least 25 photos from all eligible submissions received during the competition period.
- The Finalists will then be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
- Finalist entries will be published on GLF online platforms.
- Subsequently the Panel of judges will choose the first and second prize winners from the finalist entries, while members of the public will be invited to vote online for their favorite entry.
- Any photo that receives the most votes will receive the ‘popular vote’ award (3rd place).
October 16, 2022