The Global Development Network (GDN) Japanese Award is for Outstanding Research on Development. The award is a competitive research grant program under the Global Development Awards Competition (GDAC), administered by GDN, and funded under the Policy and Human Resources Development Fund (PHRD).
The trust fund is managed by the World Bank, and supported by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan. The GDN Japanese award identifies and funds outstanding research proposals in low- or middle-income countries with high potential for excellence in research and clear policy implications for addressing development issues.
Details of GDN Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development
- Organization: Global Development Network (GDN)
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: November 14, 2022
About Global Development Network (GDN)
GDN is a global network of research and policy institutes working to provide new perspectives to the development challenges of this present day.
The Indian Government has Officially granted GDN the status of an international organization even as it engages in research issues related to social and economic development.
Benefits of enrolment for GDN Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development
- 3 winning projects will receive grants worth US$ 60,000 with the awards given to the researcher(s) whose proposals hold the greatest promise for improving the understanding of development issues, with clear researched policy implications to address relevant developmental problems.
- The program will have the first prize winner receive a grant of US$ 30,000, second prize and third prize winners will receive a grant of US$ 20,000 and US$ 10,000 respectively. These funds are expected to be used to support the research work proposed by the winners toward the completion of their research.
- Recipients of this award will be paired with world-class academics in their area of work who will play the role of Scientific and Technical Advisors.
- Successful Finalists will be invited to join a communications training in preparation of a pitch of their project in front of a high-level Jury, which will decide which research proposal to award.
How to Apply GDN Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development?
To apply, Visit the GDN webpage at: https://www.gdn.int/gdac/2022/ord
Criteria for GDN Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development Qualification
The ideal Researchers must come from low- or middle-income countries
- Application Deadline for submissions: 14 November 2022
- The Announcement of Eligibility screening results: 21 November 2022
- The Announcement of First Level review results (shortlisted applications) and comments from reviewers: 23 December 2022
- The Announcement of Second Level review results (finalists) and comments from reviewers: 10 February 2023
- The Announcement of finalists: 17 February 2023
- The Announcement of winners: March/April 2023
- Finalists should be available for the Communications Training and the physical event for the presentation of their projects to the jury in March/April.
November 14, 2022
Also Read: Best Slimline Magazine Frame on Amazon