The Foster Youth Internship (FYI) Program 2023 Application is now open! It is a congressional internship for advocates who fulfill the requirements.
In the course of the internship, Interns will be placed in the Washington, D.C. legislative offices of Members of the U.S. Congress for a federal child welfare policy report. Interested candidates must be available for the entirety of the program in other to be considered for the internship.
About Foster Youth Internship (FYI) Program
The Foster Youth Internship Program has been organized to run for a period of nine weeks with intensive educational, and civic experience in which interns are not considered employees of the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute (CCAI) where they are placed for an internship.
The Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute (CCAI) provides stipends on weekly basis, these stipends are funded through donations received for interns.
Coverages of the stipend include Accommodation in housing in Washington, D.C., transportation to/from Washington, D.C., as well as public transportation to/from the congressional office internship.
Details of Foster Youth Internship Program
- Organization: Foster Youth
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: November 20, 2022
- Duration of Internship: The Foster Youth Internship (FYI) will take place from May 30 – July 28, 2023.
About Foster Youth
Foster Youth Internship Program kick-started in the year 2003, it is an effort to raise awareness to federal policymakers about the needs of young adults who have experienced the U.S. foster care system.
The Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute (CCAI) partners with congressional offices to secure an internship for each intern.
Benefits of the Foster Youth Internship Program
- Provision of weekly stipend by the CCAI, funded through donations received for interns.
- Coverage for major expenses such as housing in Washington, D.C., public transportation to/from the congressional office internship
How to Apply for Foster Youth Internship (FYI) Program 2023?
Kindly Visit the Official webpage of Foster Youth found below for more details and how to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIijxJLe02ZUSZixCVIDLfBI4s6SbsRj8j037b7PmipFT1CQ/viewform
Criteria for Foster Youth Internship Program Qualification
All Interested Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a position in the program:
- Applicants Must have strong writing, grammar, and research skills.
- The ideal candidate is expected to have spent a minimum of 12 consecutive months or minimum of a 20 months in United States foster care
- Must also be ready to share the experiences they encountered in other to raise awareness and effect change.
- Must have completed at least four (4) semesters at an accredited institution of higher learning, such as a college, university, or vocational school by the start of the internship on May 30, 2023.
- The Applicants must be pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher learning such as a college, university, or vocational school prior to the internship
- Applicants must be residents in Washington, D.C. during the program. Participation in all mandatory weekend and evening events are not negotiable.
- Applicants who are looking to apply for the 2023 FYI Program with known conflicts with the program dates are encouraged to apply the following year.
November 20, 2022.