Do you know how to do Facebook streaming? Well, if you are one of the few people who don’t know how to stream on Facebook, then this post is a must-read for you.
Facebook always has been more than the likes and comments, the socializing and chatting and all. There is actually more to this social media platform than what meets the eye. And just like twitch, Facebook users can also stream whenever they want to but only if they know how to.
Gamers on Facebook can always stream their games on social media platforms. The streaming feature on Facebook allows you to share your paying experience with friends, fans, and followers. And now that’s out of the way and before I go into the steps needed to successfully stream on Facebook, here is what you need to have in place before you get started with the whole procedure.
What You Need Before You Start Streaming On Facebook
Before you can start streaming on Facebook, it is very important that you set up a gaming video creator page. And to do this, follow the steps below;
- First, go to the Facebook gaming page creator.
- Next, enter a name for your page and select the continue tab.
- Select the upload a profile picture option or skip.
- Next, choose the upload a cover photo or the skip button.
- Select send notifications in order to alert your fans and friends about your new page o select the not now option to skip the step.
That’s it. You should also know that the streams made from your gaming video creator pages are gathered on the platform for viewers on the Facebook gaming platform. Your page and feed will also have a custom URL; fb.gg/(the name of your page).
The next thing you will need to have in place is for you to choose an encoder.
How to Launch a Live Game Stream on Facebook
Now that you have learned everything you will need to have in place before you begin streaming on Facebook, follow the steps below to start streaming on the social media platform;
- First, go to the creator portal on Facebook.
- Next, click on the create live stream option.
- Choose your gaming video creator page just below the choose where to post your live broadcast section.
- Copy the stream key and/ or the server URL and then paste it into the settings of your streaming software. You should do well not to share your stream key on the platform as anyone with it can stream videos to your post.
- Select Facebook live under the service section.
- Now you can go to your streaming software and then start streaming. You will find a preview of your stream on Facebook where the server URL and the stream key are displayed.
- Tag the game and then write a description for your followers in the creator portal.
- Lastly, click on the go live tab to start your stream.
That’s it! You should also know that you can go live and manage your live streams straight from your streamer dashboard.