What I will be sharing with you guys is the (Facebook Login Alerts). Forgetting, where you use your Facebook details to sign in, is pretty easy, most when you can just log in with a single tap. Most times your Facebook account will be logged in without your permission, simply because your login credentials are there already. To solve that, Facebook has launched a new feature known as Login Notifications or Login Alerts.
This feature sends you notifications whenever your account is to used to log into a third-party app or a device you’re not using. The feature is not just for your protection, but also for your control. That is to say, you’ll have total control of your information. Now, how can I enable the feature? Well, read on.
Facebook Login Alerts
Facebook has always been a prime target for hackers (Facebook Login Alerts) in order to access user personal information such as posts, photos, and as well as their videos. Due to that fact, Facebook added a feature that helps you to secure your account and get notified whenever someone is trying to get into your account.
In order words, you can improve the security of your Facebook account by getting an alert when someone tries logging in from a device or web browser that is not recognized in your account. The alerts will tell you which device tried logging in and where it is located.
The feature is simple and free for all users to access and use, but to receive alerts, the feature needs to be enabled on your account.
How to enable Facebook Login Alerts
Yes, we are here, the major reason for this post. Enabling or turning on the Login alerts or notification is very simple and fast to do. Just like logging or signing up for an account, it can be done using the mobile app or web. However, I will be sharing the steps on how you can turn on the feature on both the mobile app and the web. So here are the steps to follow;
- On your account, go to your security and login settings.
- Then scroll down to “Get Alerts about unrecognized logins” and click on “Edit”.
- Choose where you want to receive your alerts, options are email address or from a recognized device.
- Then click on “Save” to commence and save the process.
On Mobile App;
- Tap on the menu icon.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Settings & Privacy > Settings > Security and Login.
- Then scroll down and tap on “Get Alerts about unrecognized logins”.
- Select where you want to receive your alerts, such as email or with a Facebook notification from a recognized device.
Tap on save and the feature will be turned on immediately.