Hello There! Facebook as an amazing social media platform has rolled out a new feature. The name of this feature is the “Facebook Messenger Room Chat”. Now, anyone can create a video chat room via the platform’s official app. With this feature, social media is now ready to compete with services like Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, and some other group video chat apps.
When you create a room using this new Facebook feature, you can invite up to fifty people to join the video chat. These people could be members of a group, friends, family members, and so on. It could even be business associates.
Facebook Messenger Room Chat
The Facebook Messenger Room started off earlier in May 2020 with its launch in certain countries. However, the Chat room has gone global. Using this chat room feature is free just like most features of the amazing social media are free. Making use of this feature also comes with the condition that you must register for an account with the platform.
According to Mark Zuckerberg in a Livestream, many security and privacy problems associated with other conference tools were fixed. Since the launch of this feature, over seven hundred million users have participated in or used the Chat room feature.
How to Create a Facebook Messenger Room Chat
Creating a messenger room chat is simple. However, the step varies depending on the device you are making use of. Not to worry, we will be discussing at length how to create a messenger room chat on Android, iOS, and desktop devices. Keep reading this article for more information.
Create Facebook Messenger Room Chat on Android and iOS Devices
Creating a messenger room chat using an android or iOS device can be done following the steps below.
- Download and install the latest Facebook app on your android or iOS device. If you have the app already installed, check to make sure it is updated. If it is not updated then quickly update the app.
- Open the platform official app on your device and sign in to your already created account.
- From your account news feed, tap on the “Create Room” button.
- Tap on “Room Activity” and select an activity for the room.
- Select who is invited by tapping on “Who is invited?” and select a start time for the room chat by tapping on “Start time”
- Finally, tap on the “Next” button and then on the “Open Your Room” button.
Once you have created a room, you can edit the room. You could also send invites to invite people to your room. Note: you must have the Facebook messenger app installed to open your room.
Create Facebook Messenger Room Chat for Desktop
If you are making use of a desktop device, then you should employ the steps below to create your room chat.
- Open any web browser on your device and tap on it.
- Open the web address facebook.com and sign in to your account.
- From your news feed, tap on “Create Room” right under the post section.
- Select the room activity, who is invited, and the start time.
- Tap on the “Next” button.
That is it; you just created a room using your desktop device. You can also edit the room if you wish.