What is the Facebook ads library? You probably should have known by now that the Facebook social media platform is a vast one. And you also should have learned that for this social media platform to function well, there are lots of features that need to be in place. Personally, I am still getting to know more features on the Facebook platform and there is only so much a person can learn about. It is quite unfortunate that most Facebook users only chat, make voice and video calls with friends and family on the platform. Well in this article today, I will be sharing with you one of the most influential features on Facebook.
Facebook Ads Library
What if I told you that you can actually get to see more information about the ads shown to you on Facebook and you can also regulate and chose the types of ads you want to see on the platform? Yes, this is possible and this is where the ads library on Facebook comes in. The ads library on Facebook is a place where users can search for ads running across Facebook apps and services.
On this platform on Facebook, you can also get information about the ads you see on Facebook. Ads normally can be entertaining and disturbing. With this in mind, Facebook wants t give the users the power to control what they see when they want to see it and how they should see it. If you haven’t heard or made use of this Facebook feature before, then continue reading to learn more about how you could make use of it.
Do I Need A Facebook Account To Use The Ad Library
You necessarily do not need a registered Facebook account to explore the ad library. But here is something you should know. Without a Facebook account in place, you would only be able to scratch the surface of this feature. But with a registered Facebook account in place, you would be able to make use of this Facebook feature to its full strength which is reporting ads and viewing adult content. You can search for any ads running across Facebook apps and services currently with this feature whether you have seen the ads or not. An ad will show up on this Facebook platform within 24 hours from the time it gets its first impression. If there are any changes or updates made to an ad, it will be reflected in the ad library within 24 hours.
How To See Why Facebook Is Showing You A Particular Ad
This platform on Facebook is the ultimate ad platform, where all your questions regarding an ad will be answered. To see why you are being shown an ad on Facebook;
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click the three-dotted icon in the top right corner of the particular ad.
- From the pop-up, click why am I seeing this ad? You will then see various reasons as to why you are seeing the ad.
- Click next to a reason why you are seeing an ad to view more information, if available.
The steps above goes for Facebook across all platforms and devices.
How Facebook Decides On Ads To Show You
Facebook does not show you ads at random. You might have done something on the platform to warrant an ad being displayed to you. Some of the things Facebook use to decide on which ad to show you include;
- Your Facebook activity. This may include liking a page or even clicking on ads.
- Personal bio and information from your Facebook account such as your location, age, and the device you used to access Facebook.
- Information shared with Facebook by their partners or marketing partners that they have, for example, your email address.
- And lastly your activity on apps and websites off of the Facebook platform.
These are the algorithms Facebook uses in displaying ads to you. You should also know that Facebook will not in any way share your personal information with anyone and will always request your permission if the case be.
How To Search For Ads On The Ads Library
Ads on the Facebook platform are run by pages if you never knew now you know. This means that your search results will be grouped by pages. To search all ads on Facebook;
- Go to the Facebook ads library page here.
- Select the correct country of your choice in the top right corner.
- Click all ads above the search bar.
- Enter the information of what you are looking for.
- A drop-down menu will show the results relating to what you have entered. Click on the results to see ads.
That’s it. You can also search for other keywords or ad types such as housing, issue, electoral or political.