The 2023 EITM Summer Institute Program at Princeton University is now open to receive Applications from advanced graduate students led by political scientists from across the discipline who uses EITM approaches in their research.
Candidates are not required to pay any fee to participate in the institute as all the fees and expenses related to the program are covered by EITM. Hosted by Princeton University, the EITM Summer Institute 2023 will take place on weekdays from June 26 to July 14, 2023 (in person).
Apply now before the application deadline which is February 28, 2023, for both applications and letters of recommendation.
About Princeton University EITM Summer Institute Program 2023
The EITM Summer Institute Program is Funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
The Summer Institute Program is designed to provide training for graduate students and junior faculty in EITM. The Empirical Implications of the Theoretical Model (EITM), is a research strategy that integrates theoretical models and empirical research, aimed at improving and expanding the understanding of politics.
The EITM Summer institute will integrate developments and findings from throughout political science, including the substantive areas of American politics, comparative politics, international relations, and political economy.
Summary of Princeton University EITM Summer Institute Program
- Type: Postgraduate
- Host Institution: Princeton University
- Funded By: National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Country: United States
- Duration: will take place on weekdays from June 26 to July 14, 2023 (in person).
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
Benefits of Princeton University EITM Summer Institute Program 2023
The main benefits of EITM summer institute for student participants include;
- Cutting-edge method Instructions are given by leading scholars in the discipline
- Participants will gain a deeper understanding of philosophical and epistemological considerations in theory building and evaluation
- Receive support and feedback on students’ own research by EITM faculty and participants
- Free Dormitory lodging, meals, and coverage for domestic travel expenses for participants through a grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Provision of constructive engagement by a network of EITM students, alumni, and faculty long after the institute concludes
About Princeton University
Princeton University was established in 1746 as a private Ivy League research university in located in Princeton, New Jersey.
Princeton University is the fourth-oldest institution of higher education in the United States, and in fact, one of the nine colonial colleges chartered before the American Revolution.
The Institution provides undergraduate and graduate instruction in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering.
Additionally, It offers professional degrees through the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs.
How to Apply for Princeton University EITM Summer Institute Program 2023?
- All Interested and qualified candidates should locate the application webpage of Princeton University on: https://princetonsurvey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eFETI9WM7NSb1LE to apply
- For more details, kindly visit Princeton University’s website at: https://eitminstitute.org/institute/2023/
Eligibility Criteria for Princeton University EITM Summer Institute Program Qualification
To participate in EITM Summer Institute Program;
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a graduate program in Political Science or a related field.
- Applicants are expected to have well-defined research interests and preferably at least a completed dissertation prospectus.
February 28, 2023.