Here I would be giving you the steps on How to Apply for the IELTS 2022-2023 Exam. A good IELTS score is one of the major requirements to get into English-speaking nations for work or studies. If you want to sit for this examination, the application is now open for the year 2023. This article will show you exactly how to apply for IELTS 2022–2023.
How to Apply for the IELTS 2022-2023 Exam
The application form for IELTS can be submitted both offline and online. If you want to register for this examination online, you can go through the registration portal on the official website of the examination council.
You are advised to schedule IELTS after considering the admission deadline of your preferred university or college.
Anyone who is up to 16 years old is eligible to take this exam, irrespective of age, gender, or nationality.
You can now take this test from the comfort of your home or any other place with a stable internet connection. The format of your test and the timing are the same as those of the physical test. Your speaking test will take place with a trained examiner via video call.
You can use your computer or laptop for this examination. IELTS online uses lots of combinations of human and artificial intelligence to facilitate remote tests.
To take this test, you have to install the Aspera exam portal software. It is the authorized platform on which IELTS runs. This can be done just one day before your test to make sure that everything works.
IELTS 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for IELTS with ease, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official application website at britishcouncil.org/.
- When you get to the page, you will be required to either create a new IELTS account if you do not have one or login to your existing one.
- If you do not have an account, click on “I am not registered.”
- This will lead you to a new page. Fill in the boxes with the required information, such as your name, surname, date of birth, email, and preferred password.
- After that, agree to the terms and conditions and click “register.”
When you do all these things, you will gain full access to the application page.
- After gaining access to the application page, select the option “register for a test.”
- Now, select your preferred choice of test from the options given, such as computer-based, paper-based, etc.
- Select the test type.
- As a candidate, you must check the availability of the tests given in your center and schedule your test.
- Now, fill out the application form and complete the registration form.
- After that, you will be required to upload a clear, scanned copy of the passport and submit the details.
- Fee payments can only be done online using the payment gateways’ facilities.
Once your exam date has been booked, you will receive an acknowledgment of the registered contact information.
Test dates and Results
This feature (IELTS online) is currently available in the following countries:
- Hong Kong
You will receive your test results 3–6 days after taking the test.
To know the various dates of the examination according to your location, follow this link: takeielts.britishcouncil.org/take-ielts/book
After you’ve scheduled your Test
When you have finished applying for your tests, you will receive confirmation emails;
- the start time of your test, the venue, and the address.
- The date of your speaking test
- Your access codes to the free online preparation courses
Requirements for Taking the IELTS Examination
Whether you are taking this test online or offline, these are the major requirements needed:
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- You must have a valid password.
The version of IELTS you will require depends on the purpose of your journey.
If you are planning to travel for academic purposes in a country where most communication is in English, you will need IELTS Academic.
If you are planning to travel for work-related purposes or training in an English-speaking country, you will need IELTS general training.
Requirements for IELTS Online
To take the IELTS test online, you will need the following:
- A well-lit room
- A valid passport
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- A suitable internet connection
- an internet-enabled device
- The Inspera Exam portal app
Security Requirements for IELTS Online
The examiner will conduct the following tests to make sure that your exam is genuine:
ID Verification Procedure
The examiner will check your identification document to be sure that it is genuine.
secure examination environment
Once the software has been activated on your computer, it will limit access to other functions on your computer until the test is finished.
Human AI proctoring
During the test, you will be monitored through the computer camera throughout the duration of your test.
Finally, a plagiarism test will be conducted to make sure that your test answers are genuine.
Important factors to consider before registering for IELTS
Here are some points to consider before registering for IELTS 2023:
- Candidates should keep in mind the admission deadline of the university or college they want to apply to before applying for the exam.
- Candidates must ensure that they have a valid passport and other related documents. This passport must be color scanned and uploaded during the IELTS registration process.
- After the registration is complete, you must keep a printout of your copy of the application form for IELTS very safe. This copy will be used during the admission process.
- The application fee varies from country to country.
- Also, make sure that the information on the IELTS application form 2023 matches what is on your passport or ID card.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Competencies Are Assessed in IELTS?
In the IELTS test, the following skills are tested:
What is the application fee for IELTS?
The price for the IELTS exam varies from country to country.
When can I apply for the IELTS examination?
The application window for this exam is open for a major part of the year, and you can apply anytime depending on the test date you want to pick.
Can I register for IELTS online?
Of course, the IELTS application form can be filled out and submitted offline. To use this method, candidates will have to download their form and fill it out manually. After which, they will submit it themselves through postal services.
Is It Mandatory to Have a Passport Before Registering for IELTS?
Of course, you will need a passport to complete the registration. During registration, candidates must upload scanned copies of their passports.