People do ask, Does eBay Accept PayPal? This is truly a nice question and it needs to be answered. If the reason you are reading this article today is to get an answer, then you should read this article to the end. You can link your PayPal account to your eBay account so as to allow eligible purchases. More importantly, liking your PayPal account to eBay gives you a choice to accept payments for items you or your business sell on eBay. You should know, PayPal is a secured payment method used by the majority of eBay buyers and sellers to help complete online transactions.
Does eBay Accept PayPal
Yes! It is no surprise; one can say eBay accepts PayPal. The reason for this is because you can very much link your PayPal account to your eBay account. PayPal is a digital payment service that customers can make use of while shopping. You need both a registered PayPal account and a registered eBay account for you to successfully link both accounts. The moment both accounts are linked, you can then buy items on eBay using your PayPal funds. Keep reading below for more information.
What is PayPal
If you are asking what PayPal is, or you want to know a little about PayPal, then this section of this article is just for you. PayPal is recognized as a digital payment service that can be used to send or receive money online. Your PayPal account with the right shopping platform can also be used to make purchases online. As a member of PayPal, there are a lot of things you can do. Below is a list of them.
- You can transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account.
- Make person to person payment by transferring money from your PayPal account to another.
- Also, you could get a PayPal debit card that can be used to make real time purchases from your PayPal account.
- Additionally, you can have a check mailed to you for the balance of your PayPal account.
Listed above are a few of the things you can do as a PayPal member.
What is eBay
Since we have had a handful of talks on what PayPal is, it is high time we talk about eBay. eBay is an American multinational e-commerce corporation based in San Jose, California. They facilitate consumer to consumer and business to customer sales through its website. The company or platform was founded by Pierre Omidyar in the year 1995. eBay is now a multibillion-dollar business with operations in over twenty different countries. All you have to do now is register for an account and you can get started with making purchases.
How to link PayPal to eBay
Speaking of the question Does eBay Accept PayPal, you need to link your eBay account to PayPal before you can make purchases on eBay using PayPal.
- Get your internet connected device and go to the eBay official website using the web address ebay.com.
- Select the “Account” option in the “My eBay” section.
- Next, select the “PayPal Account” option.
- Select the “Link My PayPal account” option.
- On the next page, you would be asked to sign in to your PayPal account to complete the process.
The guide above is a guide to link your PayPal account to eBay. Once both your accounts have been linked, you do not need to re-enter your PayPal account information each time you want to make a purchase.
How to change the PayPal Account you Use on eBay
If you have low funds on your PayPal account you use on eBay, you can simply switch it. Also if you no longer have access to the PayPal account, that is a reason to change the PayPal account you use.
- Go to the platform official website and go to the “Account” section from “My eBay”.
- Select the “PayPal account information” section and follow the links to take you to PayPal you update your information.
What’s more is that you can select the “Change” link when choosing PayPal as your payment method at checkout.
Problems Paying with PayPal on eBay
Below are a few of the common problems you can experience when using PayPal on eBay.
- Error message in checkout. To resolve this, please check if your payment details are saved correctly with PayPal. However, PayPal in some cases may refuse to pay. In this case, try choosing a different payment method in your PayPal account.
- Solutions to technical difficulties. In this case, you may be using an older web browser not secure enough to make payments or manage your payment methods. It is recommended you update your browser to complete your purchase. You could also try clearing your browser cache and cookies.
- PayPal Payment Pending. Pending payments can be viewed in your PayPal account. In this case, it means the seller has not accepted your payment yet. It is recommended you contact your seller.
Above is a few of the common problems you can experience when using PayPal on eBay. I hope with your read through of this article, you question Does eBay Accept PayPal have been answered.