The Discover It Student Card is one of the best student credit cards to apply for as a student. If you want to know more about this student’s Credit Card, you should read this article. As a student, you may not be able to meet up with your tuition fee and other necessary expenses.
If your case is so, you need to apply for one of the credit cards for students. The focus of this article would be on the Discover It Student Card. You would be educated on what this card is, how to apply, and lots more. So, keep on reading.
Discover It Student Card
Discover is an American Financial Company. One of the subsidiaries of this financial company is Discover Bank. This bank offers services such, as the opening of accounts, mortgages, loans, etc. Also, this financial institution offers credit cards to students as well as loans. With this card, you get to pay the necessary bills and build your credit as a student.
Benefits of Discover Student Card
This bank offers two students credit cards. Though the benefits of these cards are quite different, they both offer cash back. The two types of cards offered by Discover Bank include the:
- Discover it Student Cash Back card: This card comes with benefits even as you spend. As the name implies cardholders get a 5% cashback for daily purchases. You can also use this card for online purchases on Amazon and PayPal.
- The Discover it Chrome for Students card: Cardholders get a 2% cashback reward with this card. This card can be used at restaurants and gas stations. Also, there is a reward you get with this card for purchasing books, groceries, and lots more.
Having known much about these two cards for students, you should read on to discover the requirements and learn how to apply for one.
Credit Score for Discover It Student Card
You may be wondering if you have the right credit score to apply for this card. You should know that these cards do not require a credit score to apply. Your credit score is only required if it is applicable. The data which you filled in the application form would be used to determine your creditworthiness.
Discover it Student Card Requirements
Before you proceed to apply for any of the cards, you must know the requirements. This would save you time and also help you check if you pre-qualify. The requirements for the student credit cards offered by Discover Bank include:
- Applicant must be a least 18 years of age.
- Only students enrolled in a two- or four-year college would be able to apply.
- You must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- A social security number is required.
- Lastly, applicants should have a verifiable source of income as well as proof of income.
With this, you should be able to know if you are eligible to apply for any of the credit cards.
Apply for Discover Student Credit Card
If you pre-qualify for any of the credit cards, you can go ahead to apply. Discover Bank has made it more ewes for students to apply for any of these cards. You can simply apply online. If you want a detailed guide on how to apply for the Discover Student Credit card, you should keep on reading.
How to Apply for Discover Student Credit Card
To carry out this action, follow the steps below:
- Connect your device to the internet.
- Visit the discover it student card page with this link www.discover.com/credit-cardsGo through the card options on the opened page.
- Under the card that suits your, click or tap on “Apply Now”.
- Choose your preferred design from the available Discover it student card designs on the page.
- Fill in your “Name”, “Home Address”, and “Date of Birth” in the required fields.
- Correctly enter your “Year in college”, “Monthly Housing/ Rent Payment”, “Total Gross Income” and, “Email address”.
- Read through the Discover It student card interest rate on the page.
After this, go through the details you filled in again to correct any errors, and click on the” Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
How to Activate Discover It Student Card
Congratulations if you have just received a Discover It Student Credit card. However, you should know that you cannot use this card until you activate it. The steps below would guide you on how to activate it:
- Click on this link with your internet-connected device to visit the Card activation page.
- Navigate to “Activate New Card” and click on it.
- Fill in your “Date of Birth” and the Last 4 digits of your SSN.
- Enter the 16-digit number at the back of your card in the required field.
- Also, fill in the “Card Expiration Date” in the box.
Enter every other necessary detail and click on the “Continue” button at the bottom of your screen. Follow the rest of the screen instructions to complete the process. If you don’t want to activate the card online, you can contact the Discover card customer service here.
Register Discover Card
If you have not registered your card for online access, you should do so. This is because you would be able to access your account, manage it, make payments, and carry out other transactions without having to visit the bank.
How to Register to Discover it Student Card for Online Access
The steps below would help you register your card on the Discover Bank online platform:
- Visit the Discover Registration page with this link www.discover.com/register-account/
- Under credit cards, click on “Register Now”.
- Enter your “Card Number” and “Expiration Date” in the required fields.
- Fill in your “Date of Birth” and the last four digits of your SSN.
Follow the rest on-screen instructions to successfully register for an account online.
Discover Card Login
After you have registered for an account, you can log in at any time to pay your bills and view your transaction history. Logging in to your student credit card account is quite easy and this article would teach you how. So, keep on reading.
How to Login to your Discover It Student Card Account Online
Follow the steps below to access your account online:
- Open the web browser on your internet-connected device.
- Enter the URL- discover.com to visit the Discover official web page.
- Choose “Log In” at the top right corner of your display screen.
- Under “Select Account” choose “Credit cards”.
- Enter your “User ID” and “Password”.
- Click on “Login”.
With this, you would be able to access your account on the website.
Discover Student Card Review
You may be wondering if this card is right for you as a student. This card is a good idea if you are looking for a way to build your credit as a student. Cardholders get rewards from purchases they make with this card. With the knowledge from this article, you should be able to apply for this card and enjoy its benefits.
Check This Out:
- Discover Credit Card Login – Discover Credit Card Apply Online
- Only Discover Has No Annual Fee on Any Card
- Discover it Cash Back Sign Up & Login at www.discover.com
- Discover New Ways To Build Your Business With Free Online Courses From Google
- Facebook Dating Profile – How to Set up Facebook Dating Profile