Want to Delete Facebook Searches 2021 history? the answer is, you can with just a few simple steps. Now Facebook keeps a record of everything you search for on its website. So if you want to clean the list, or you want to limit information Facebook is storing on you. You can delete and clean up your search history.
Be it as it may, the Facebook search option helps you find people. Instead of searching for them on your friend list. The Facebook search has evolved from a simple people and page search feature to a full-fledged search engine. Currently, the search feature allows you to type search queries in a natural way.
Delete Facebook Searches 2021
Every time you look up a friend, business, or personality on Facebook, Facebook has it saved to your search history. Now, this may actually be advantageous to you. Because it can make it easier for you to find what you are looking for later without much hassle. But on the other hand, the search history can be cluttered with queries that do not require quick access.
The good news is, you can easily delete individual searches or entire search history from your phone or browser. Facebook uses search history to refine your search results. Your Facebook search history can be accessed in the Activity Log, and you can delete it whenever you wish. If you are confused about how to take this step on your own, join me as I take you through it.
How to Delete Facebook Searches
If you are accessing Facebook with the aid of a browser, you can wipe your search history by doing the following:
- Go to your profile page, and click on the ‘View your activity log’ tab. In a browser, the button is on the right-hand side.
- In the menu on the left, beneath Photos and Videos, Likes and Reactions, Comments, tap on ‘More’.
- Once the menu expands to display all filters, tap on the ‘Search history’
- A full chronological list of everything you have searched for on Facebook will be displayed. You can delete individual searches by tapping on the ‘Edit’ tab close to the next to the entry and click on ‘Delete’.
- Now you can also wipe your entire search history in one swipe by clicking on the ‘Clear Searches’ button.
Following the steps carefully you will find out that you have successfully deleted your Facebook search.
How to Delete Facebook Searches on Mobile
If you are accessing Facebook on your phone, you can access the setting in the social network’s mobile apps:
- Scroll to your profile page and click on the ‘Activity Log’ tab beneath your profile photo. (On iOS, the button is third from the left, on Android it is on the far left).
- Click on ‘Filter’ at the top of the screen
- Navigate down to search for and click on ‘Search History’.
- Then you can clear your entire search history by clicking on ‘Clear Searches’ and click on ‘Confirm’
- To delete individual entries, click on the icon close to the entry in question and click on ‘Delete’ (On iOS, the icon comes in an arrow sign, on Android phones, it’s represented with an X).
Facebook advises that you should not delete your entire search history because according to them. it helps them show you better results. However, if you feel otherwise and want to keep your search history clutter-free. Maybe because some of the search terms you entered, is not what you want another person to see, or you want to reduce what information Facebook has on you, you should go ahead and use the steps above to free your search history.
More Related Posts
- How to Delete Someone from Facebook – Delete Someone on Facebook | How to Delete Someone From My Facebook
- Help Facebook Delete Account – DELETE FACEBOOK ACCOUNT – How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account
- Delete FB Post: How to Delete Facebook Post | Delete Facebook Post
- Facebook Account Login Password: Find My Facebook Account Password | How To Change Facebook Account Password
- How to Change Password FB – Change Password on Facebook – Facebook Password