The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) is committed to the growth and development of Micro, Small, and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria. As part of its efforts, DBN organizes the annual DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP), which is currently in its 5th Cycle.
This program serves as a flagship initiative aimed at equipping Nigerian MSMEs with the essential knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the business landscape of Nigeria. In addition, the Development Bank of Nigeria has established the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme to empower MSMEs with the necessary tools to thrive in Nigeria’s business landscape.
DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme – Details
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme is a comprehensive initiative designed to enhance the business acumen and capabilities of Nigerian MSMEs. This program combines both digital and physical training sessions to ensure broad accessibility and maximum impact.
The DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme is open to all Nigerian MSMEs across various sectors. Whether you are a business owner or an aspiring entrepreneur, this program caters to your needs. Regardless of the sector you operate in, the program equips you with the knowledge and skills required to navigate the challenges of doing business in Nigeria successfully.
About Development Bank of Nigeria
The Development Bank of Nigeria is a leading development finance institution in Nigeria. Its primary objective is to alleviate financing constraints faced by Micro, Small, and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in the country. The bank provides financing, partial credit guarantees, and technical assistance to support the growth and sustainability of MSMEs.
By participating in the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme, MSMEs gain access to numerous benefits. These include:
- Up to 1000 pre-selected entrepreneurs will join a self-paced fundamental of Digital Marketing course for a duration of 1- a month period (August 16 to September 10)
- An invitation to join the live instructor-led webinar sessions with Google Nigeria will be offered to the first 250 MSMEs who complete the self-paced fundamental course.
- Subsequently, the best 200 MSMEs who were in attendance in the live webinar session, will be invited to the face-to-face training in Lagos and Abuja.
- All successfully Shortlisted MSMEs can attend the pitching session of this training to access some funding available.
- Additionally, the MSMEs who attend the face-to-face training will receive a certificate of completion.
Eligibility Criteria for DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program
- Business owners should be 18 years and above;
- Must be Nigerians or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The Business is expected to be based and registered with the CAC in Nigeria
- Be profit oriented in any sector.
- The Candidate must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
- Bankability- The business Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability- The demonstrated potential for the growth of the business to create jobs.
How to Apply for DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program 2023-2024
The application process for the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme is simple, all interested MSMEs need to follow the steps below:
- Visit the official DBN BizAid application page at: https://bizaid.devbankng.com/ to register
- Businesses, that have successfully completed the four (4) courses, will receive a link via email to apply for the face-to-face training.
- Once the application form is submitted, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period.
- Screening and Shortlisting of Applicants will be done from the close of the application based on the eligibility criteria.
- For more information, visit the DBN website on: https://www.devbankng.com/training-programme
Who is eligible to participate in the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme?
The program is open to all Nigerian MSMEs across various sectors who are interested in acquiring the knowledge needed to succeed in doing business in Nigeria.
Is there a fee to participate in the program?
No, the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme is free of charge for selected participants.
Can I apply if I don’t have an existing business?
Yes, the program caters to both existing business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs. It provides valuable knowledge and guidance for starting and growing a business in Nigeria.
More Related Content
- Nimbus Media Aid Project For MSMEs 2023 – Women-led SMEs | N2m Advert Support
- Best Online Business Schools for Entrepreneurship
- Health Entrepreneurship Challenge 2023 for African Entrepreneurs – Up to $25,000 CAD
- Facebook Market – Facebook Business Page | Facebook Marketplace
- Free Online Business Course With Certificate