Applications are currently being accepted for the DAAD Short-Term Grants for Doctoral and Postdocs students, for the 2024 batch. This grant presents a remarkable opportunity for eligible doctoral candidates and young scientists looking to further their studies and research in Germany.
DAAD Short-Term Grants are designed for doctoral candidates and young scientists and academics wishing to carry out research and continue their education in Germany for up to six months. This program seeks to promote research projects within the context of doctoral programs. Meanwhile, the scholarships are funded by the German Federal Foreign Office.
Benefits of DAAD Short-Term Grants for Doctoral and Postdoc Candidates
- For Doctoral Candidates and Postdocs, depending on academic level, a monthly payment of euros 1,300 is provided
- Provision of insurance coverage towards health, accident, and personal liability
- Travel allowance.
- A subsidy or additional cost is provided for any disability or chronic illness
- Provision of Support for climate-friendly travel or a partial reimbursement of carbon offset payments for air travel.
Duration of the Funding
- The DAAD Short-Term Grants is provided for a minimum of one month to a maximum of six months.
- The grant is non-renewable.
Requirements for DAAD Research Grants – Short-Term Grants
To be eligible for DAAD Research Grants, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates should not have graduated any longer than six years before the application deadline.
- Those who already started their doctorate should note that the start of the doctorate should not be longer than 3 years ago.
- Candidates with a doctoral degree should not have completed their doctorate more than four years ago.
- Applicants who are resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline are not eligible to apply
- Candidates must have a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree of 2nd class upper division level and a Master of Arts/Master of Science degree or;
- The Candidate should have a Licence or Maitrise degree of “assez bien” level and a DEA/DESS degree or a Master corresponding to the LMD system are required.
- The language level required is based on the applicant’s study area. Where the student’s study plan and subject is In the arts, social sciences, and law, a minimum of good knowledge of German is usually required.
- Students pursuing natural sciences and engineering, evidence of sound English language skills may also be accepted if English is spoken at the host institute.
Selection Criteria for DAAD Short-Term Grants
An independent selection committee is set up to review all the submitted applications. The selection criteria include:
- A well-planned research or training project.
- The student’s Academic achievements.
- More documents submitted as evidence of the applicant’s professional aptitude
Documents Required for Application
To apply for DAAD Research Grants, you’ll need to provide various documents, including:
- Online application form.
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form.
- List of your published publications (if applicable).
- A letter of motivation describing your academic and personal reasons for your planned project in Germany.
- A proposal must be prepared and formulated by the applicant, as well as a description of previous research work.
- Schedule of planned research work.
- A Confirmation note was issued by the academic host in Germany.
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s).
- One recent, supporting letter of recommendation.
- Other documents which support your application.
How to apply
To apply, visit the DAAD application website at https://www2.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?status=3&origin=165&subjectGrps=&daad=&intention=&q=&page=1&detail=50015434#bewerbung
Ensure that you follow carefully the application instructions.
The Application deadlines are often updated annually, and the selection date for 2024 is in July, with funding starting in September.
For more details and to apply, visit the DAAD official website at: https://www2.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?status=3&origin=165&subjectGrps=&daad=&intention=&q=&page=1&detail=50015434
The application deadline for DAAD Research Grants for 2024 is March 15, 2024.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Columbia University Climate School Postdoctoral Research Program 2024 – Fully Funded
- DAAD Study Scholarships 2024 – DAAD Scholarship in Music Fields | APPLY NOW
- McKenzie Fellowships Postdoc Program At the University of Melbourne, Australia
- DAAD Scholarships in Germany Fully Funded – How to Apply
- DAAD Leadership For Africa Master’s Scholarship 2024/2024 for East Africa – Study In Germany