The Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program for International Students is an incredible opportunity for aspiring scholars with financial needs who aim to attend and graduate from the nation’s top four-year colleges and universities.
Details About Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program
The Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program aims to empower students to attend the nation’s best four-year colleges and universities. The scholarship not only covers tuition expenses but also provides comprehensive educational advising, cohort-based programming, graduate school funding, and a vast network of Cooke Scholars and Alumni.
- Selected scholars of the Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program receive remarkable benefits that significantly ease their educational journey.
- The program offers up to $55,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school, providing students with the financial stability they need to focus on their studies.
- Furthermore, scholars have the freedom to pursue any area of study, allowing them to explore their academic passions and unlock their full potential.
- Cooke Scholars receive personalized advising to help them navigate the college selection process and effectively manage their financial aid. This guidance ensures that students make informed decisions about their education, empowering them to choose the college or university that aligns with their academic and personal aspirations.
- The Cooke Foundation’s expert advisors are committed to helping scholars make the most of their educational opportunities.
- Cohort-Based Programming: In addition to financial support and advising, Cooke Scholars also benefit from engaging in cohort-based programming. These programs foster a sense of community among scholars, offering them a platform to connect with like-minded individuals who share their passion for learning and personal growth. Through various activities and events, scholars have the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships and expand their networks.
About the Cooke Foundation
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, which administers the Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program, is dedicated to advancing the education of exceptionally promising students with financial need.
Cooke Foundation was established in 2000 and has since awarded nearly $250 million in scholarships to over 3,000 students. Additionally, the Foundation has provided $125 million in grants to organizations that serve students in need.
To be eligible for the Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program for International Students, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- International students can apply
- Applicants should be in their senior year of high school and plan to graduate in the spring of 2024.
- Applicants must intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college in the fall of 2024.
- A minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above is required.
- Applicants must demonstrate unmet financial need. The Foundation conducts a comprehensive financial review, considering the income and assets of both the student and their parents, to determine financial need.
How to Apply
To be considered for the Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program;
- Applicants must submit their applications online via the official website on: https://www.jkcf.org/our-scholarships/college-scholarship-program/
- The application process opens on August 24, 2023, and closes on November 16, 2023.
- Applicants are advised to carefully follow the instructions provided and ensure that all required documents are submitted within the specified timeline.
- August 24, 2023: Application process opens
- November 16, 2023: Application deadline