Citi Double Cash Card is one of the best credit cards to apply for if you want to earn cashback. This credit card owned and issued by Citi Bank is a great way to save on everyday purchases.
This article is going to discuss in detail what you need to know about this topic. So, keep on reading.
Citi Double Cash Card
The Citi Double Cash Card is a Master credit card that allows cardholders to earn 2% cash back for making purchases with their cards.
However, you can only earn this cashback when you pay the minimum bill on time. If you love credit cards that come with rewards, this credit card is a good option for you.
Citi Double Cash Card Benefits
Before you apply for this credit card, it is important you know the benefits of this card. This will help you determine if it is the best credit card option for you. The benefits of the Citi Cash Back Credit Card are listed below:
- No annual fee.
- Cardholders earn 1 point per $1 spent on purchases.
- Also, they earn a point for paying for purchases.
- Introductory rate of 0% for the first 18 months.
- In addition to this, cardholders can easily access their accounts online.
These are some of the benefits of being a Citi Cash Back Credit cardholder. Due to the high rewards rate, it is rated as one of the best credit cards.
Citi Double Cash Card Review
The Citi Double Cash Card is a reward credit card that allows cardholders to earn 2% cash back for using their cards. They earn 1% for making purchases and 1% for paying their bills off.
The rewards are also unlimited and can be redeemed at any time. The rewards earned are called Citi ThankYou points and they reflect in the cardholder account online.
Also, the card has no annual fee which is a plus. The card has a foreign transaction fee as well as a balance transfer fee. There is a 3% fee charged for making foreign transactions with a credit card.
This means that the Citi Double Cash credit card may not be a good option for travelling outside. Also, cardholders are advised to redeem their rewards at least twelve months from the day they received them.
Citi Double Cash Card Pre Approval
Citi Bank does a preapproval check for applicants who want to get any of the Citi credit cards. The pre-approval check can be done online and it is used to check what credit cards they qualify for. During this pre-approval, your credit score and credit profile will be checked.
With this, you will be offered credit card options that suit your credit profile. Also, note that the pre-approval does not affect your credit score. To learn how to carry out the preapproval, keep on reading.
How to Check for Citi Double Cash Card Pre Approval Online
To check if you prequalify for the credit card, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser on a device connected to the internet.
- Enter the URL www.citi.com into the search bar.
- Click on “Credit Cards” at the top left corner of your display screen.
- Choose “See if you are pre-qualified” from the drop-down menu.
- On the opened page, fill in your “Name”, “Email address”, “The last four digits of your SSN” and “Address”.
- Also enter your “Zip Code”, “City” and “State”.
- Choose the card category you want i.e., Rewards.
- Read through the authorization on the page and tick the box indicating you agree.
After this, you can click on “See My Offers” and the credit card options that suit your credit profile will display on your screen.
Citi Double Cash Card Application
The Application for the Citi credit card can be done online or over the phone. If you wish to apply for the card over the phone, you need to contact Citi Customer Service and follow the given prompts.
The easiest and fastest way to apply for this credit card is to do so online. Some important information you will need to provide during the application includes your Social Security Number, Name, Email address, Income, and Tax information.
How to Apply for Citi Double Cash Card Online
To apply for the Citi credit card online, follow the steps below:
- Go to www.citicards.citi.com with your internet-connected device.
- Scroll down the credit card page and locate “Citi Double Cash Credit Card”
- Click on “Learn More and Apply”.
- Go through the card details on the page and click on “Apply Now”.
- You will be redirected to a new page, provide your “Name”, “Date of Birth” and “Social Security Number” on the opened page.
- Indicate if you are a U.S citizen or not.
- Also, provide your “Address”, “Zip Code”, “City” and “State”.
After this, provide your financial information such as your “Income” and “Rent Payment”. Also, go through the terms and conditions on the page and click on “Agree and Submit”.
How to Activate Citi Double Cash Card Online
You cannot use your new Citi credit card without activating it. If you are a new cardholder, you can activate your card with the steps below:
- Go to www.citi.com with your internet-connected device.
- On the opened page, click on “Activate” on the login form.
- Provide your “Card Number” in the required field.
- Click on “Continue”.
Follow all other prompts displayed on your screen to complete the card application process. If there is a phone number printed on your card, you can call the number to activate the card over the phone.
How to Sign Up for Citi Double Cash Card Account
To create an account for your Citi credit card online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Citi Bank page online with the URL www.citi.com
- Click on “Register” on the page.
- In the required field, enter your “Credit Card Number” on the page.
Continue the account set up by clicking on “Continue Set Up”. With this, you can access and manage your account anytime anywhere.
Citi Double Cash Card Login
There are so many activities you can carry out with your credit card when you login to your account online. Your account gives you access to pay your bills, review your transaction history and add other users to your card.
You can also update your personal information and redeem your rewards with your account online. To get a detailed guide on how to access your account online, keep on reading.
How to Login to Your Citi Double Cash Card Account
To access your card account, follow the steps below:
- Enter the URL www.citi.com into the search bar on your internet-connected device.
- Locate the sign-in form on the page and enter your “User ID”.
- Also, provide your account “Password” and click on “Sign On”.
- You can also sign in to your account by scanning the QR code on the page.
This is how to log in to your Citi credit card account online.
Citi Double Cash Card Credit Score
Although Citi Bank does not directly state the credit score needed for this card, applicants with good credit have been approved for the card. This means that you should have a credit score of at least 690 to get approved for the card.
Having a good credit score does not mean you will automatically qualify for the card. other factors that will improve your approval odds include your credit history, income, debt to income ratio, and lots more.
Citi Double Cash Card Foreign Transaction Fee
One feature of the Citi credit card is that it a fee is charged for foreign transactions. The foreign transaction fee is 3% of the total amount. This means that 3% will be charged for the U.S dollar amount of purchases made in another currency. Also, the balance transfer fee for the first 18 months is 0%.
Citi Double Cash Card Credit Limit
The credit limit on a credit card is the maximum amount the lender allows you to spend with the card. for the Citi Double Cash credit card, there is no fixed credit limit. The Credit limit given to cardholders is based on their credit worthiness. You can qualify for a credit limit increase when you pay your bills on time.
How Do I Redeem My Citi Double Cash Rewards?
The easiest and fastest way to redeem your Citi Thank You Rewards is to do so online. You can log in to your credit card account online or with the mobile app. After this, you can choose the way you want to redeem the rewards (Check, gift cards, a statement credit, etc.).
Is Citi Double Cash Actually 2%?
Yes, the Citi Double cash card is a 2% cashback card. 1% cashback is earned on purchases while another 1% cashback is earned when cardholders pay for the purchases made. To get this cashback, you need to pay at least the minimum payment on time.
What is the APR for the Citi Double Cash Card?
The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on the credit card varies and this also depends on the creditworthiness of the cardholder. Also, there are no fees attached to the card apart from fees charged for balance transfers, foreign transactions and cash advances.
- Does Hail Damage Claim Raise Home Insurance Rates
- Amazon Credit Card Login at www.chase.com – Amazon Credit Card Approval…
- Synchrony Credit Card Login at www.mysynchrony.com – Synchrony Credit Card Credit…
- UTK Canvas Login at cas.tennessee.edu – UTK Canvas Portal
- Players Playing Stray are Now Putting Their Cats in the Game