Do you sometimes wish to get access to a Chrome Mobile View of any website on your laptop? If so, then I suppose this article is just the right one for you. Sometimes, the mobile view of a website is actually simpler than the desktop view. For some users, it is easier for them to understand. You can’t blame them as the mobile view is so much simpler than the desktop view. For such users, they would seek out a way to get a mobile view of any website they open on their desktop. A Chrome Mobile View of all websites is what the article is all about.
If you have the Google Chrome App installed on your desktop for browsing, then it surely is good news to let you know you can view the mobile version of any website. It is actually very simple and in addition to its simplicity, it is free. With a few tweaks using the chrome developers program, you would be able to view the mobile version of any website. What’s more interesting about it is that you can switch the mobile view to different devices. Let’s take for instance; you can view the mobile version of any site on a MOTO G4, Galaxy S5, iPad Pro and so on using your desktop.
Download Google Chrome
You must first download and install Google Chrome on your desktop or laptop before you can view the mobile version of any site. Below are the steps that will guide you in downloading Google Chrome.
- Connect your desktop or laptop to the internet in any way possible.
- Open any browser installed on your computer. The default web browser that should come installed with your computer is internet explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- On the web browser go to the Google Chrome download page at https://www.google.com/chrome/?brand=CHBD&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn7j2BRDrARIsAHJkxmxb7wbYUZk7wM1UwWLQkfHLnHozQdmoGycDK5wEPtt-qAzxmk45CPUaAh8bEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds.
- Tap on the “Download Chrome” button.
- Select a download folder for the download if prompted and hit the “Save” button.
- Once the download is completed, run it and accept all the permissions required.
After a few minutes, the Google Chrome official app would be installed on your device. However, you should note that the installation process requires a connection to the internet.
Chrome Mobile View Setup
Setting up a mobile view for chrome is actually very simple and fast. You might be amazed at how simple it is. Keep reading below to learn how to activate Chrome Mobile View.
- Open the chrome browser on your computer after connecting your computer to the internet. If you do not have the chrome browser installed, follow the steps listed above to get it installed.
- Now, search making use of the search bar the website you want to view in mobile version.
- When the website fully opens, locate on your computer the F12 button and tap on it. Alternatively, you can hold Ctrl + Shift + I.
- Now you should see some codes in a dialog box by the right side of the screen. From that dialog box, locate at the top left the mobile and tablet icon and tap on it. Alternatively, you can simply hold Ctrl + Shift + M.
There you go! The site should now be available to you in a mobile version. That is Chrome Mobile View but if you wish to change the device used in viewing the mobile version,
- Locate the toolbar just above the site and tap on the first dropdown arrow just beside “Responsive”.
- Tap on the device you would like to use in viewing the site.
That is it; almost immediately, the mobile view of the site would change to the device you clicked on. There are a number of devices available to choose from.