Canada Scholarship Program is open to International Students to begin their studies by August 2020 and is funded by the “Global Affairs Canada”. The main purpose of the program is to create opportunities for Canadian post-secondary institutions to attract international students from a diverse range of countries and regions.
The International Students have an opportunity to receive a fully-funded academic award leading to a diploma, postgraduate certificate, or a Master’s degree at a college, technical or vocational institute, and the university in Canada.
However, some of the Country’s most international Universities can be found in the regions in between. Depending on the field of your study, favored geography, and the level of your tolerance to the cold, you can find it more pleasant to study outside or elsewhere. Below are the top universities in Canada:
- The University of Toronto.
- The University of Alberta.
- Also, the University of Waterloo.
- McGill University.
- Western University.
- Queen’s University.
- The University of Calgary.
- Université de Montréal.
- McMaster University.
- The University of British Columbia.
These are the top universities in Canada.
- Funded by: EduCanada and The Global Affairs Canada
- Course level: A diploma, Post-graduate certificate, post-secondary or Master’s degree
- Nationality: international
- Access Mode: Online
- Award: Fully funded for up to two years programs, this includes: tuition, living expenses, book Allowance, return ticket of economic- class travel to Canada, etc.
- Department: NA
- Number Of Awards: Varies
- The award can be taken in Canada.
NOTE: The award must not be taken only in Canada.
Benefits of Canada Scholarship Program
The benefits of the award depend on your course, the program of study, and the duration. Below are the benefits of the scholarship program:
- The winners of the scholarship will get up to CAD 60,000 for the program of one-year academics in duration(for example, 2 academic terms is up to 4 months each).
- The program for two academic years in duration will get up CAD 120,000 (e.g. For up to 20 months, four academic sessions of up to 4 months each, and one intervening spring/ summer term of up to 4 months).
- The funds allocated to the awardee by the DFATD, the Canadian host institution may also claim the recipient arrives in Canada.
- Living expe3nses such as your accommodation, food, and utilities.
- Health insurance
- Ground transportation expenses
- Books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research and excluding that of computer and other equipment.
- Tuition fees and the mandatory expenses for the academic program for up to 20 months.
- Economic class airfare.
- Visa/work permit fees/study/travel related to the collection of biometrics
NOTE: The award doesn’t cover your language training as well.
Eligibility of Canada Scholarship Program
- Acceptable courses or subjects: the scholarship program will be awarded for higher education in any of the Canadian post-secondary institutions and there are no restrictions on your area of the field of study. Also, you must be able to be completed within the two (2) academic years or less with the full time.
- Eligible Countries: The application forms must be from the following Countries (Liberia, Fiji, Micronesia Comoros, Bhutan, Azerbaijan, Djibouti, Kazakhstan, Kiribati Gaza, East Jerusalem Palau, Mauritania, Tonga, and Uzbekistan). These Countries are all eligible.
- The Admission Criteria: To be eligible, the following are the criteria’s for you:
- The candidates form East Jerusalem and Gaza residing at West Bank are eligible but they are do provide documentation demonstrating their Palestinian identity.
- International students for various countries and regions, to a broad range of study destinations across Canada, to the various programs of study.
Candidate Students to Consider for an Award
To be considered for the award candidate students. The following are the considerations:
- Candidate should indicate their interest in being considered for the study in Canada post-secondary institution.
- Must not hold Canadian citizenship and must not have applied for permanent residency in Canada.
- Candidates may already be enrolled in a degree or a diploma degree program at any college, technical or vocational institute, or university in Canada.
- Candidate students must apply for admission to a full-time academics program at any Canadian post-secondary institution.
- All candidate students must possess the linguistic competencies necessary to undertake studies in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French).
- Candidate students must meet the entrance requirements for the proposed program of study at the time of submitting the application.
Canadian post-secondary institutions are:
- They are responsible for submitting applications on behalf of eligible candidates.
- They encouraged promoting this application opportunity through faculty and staff members, as well as to partner institutions in eligible countries.
How to Apply for Canada Scholarship Program
The following are to ways of application:
- Candidates must consider that they must first apply for admission to an academic program at a post-secondary institution of their choice. Canadian institutions are the ones to apply on behalf of the students.
- Interested candidates should have a supporting document, and must have uploaded them. Attached to the online application form on the following formats:
- Letter of the intent from the institution, proof of Citizenship, CV of the proposed candidate, Budget, Conditional letter of acceptance, Privacy notice statement and Academic plan of the proposed candidate.
- Students should consider applying to the Canadian institution well before on or before March 2020 deadline, so as to avoid the Canadian Institution of insufficient time to prepare applications on their behalf.
- Candidates must be proficient in the Canadian language (English and French) before coming to Canada.
More updates can be gotten at https://www.educanada.ca/scholarships-bourses/can/institutions/study-in-canada-sep-etudes-au-canada-pct.aspx?lang=eng#:~:text=Description%3A%20The%20Study%20in%20Canada%20Scholarships%20program%20provides,institutions%20at%20the%20college%2C%20undergraduate%20and%20graduate%20levels.