In an exciting endeavor to foster international research collaborations, the British Council in conjunction with the Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities (SGSAH), is thrilled to announce the initiation of applications for the prestigious British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024.
The SGSAH Earth Scholarships is aimed at cultivating partnerships between PhD and Early Career Researchers from across the globe and renowned Scottish Institutions.
SGSAH Earth Scholarships – Details
The British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships Program holds the mission of amplifying the influence of environmental arts and humanities, as well as the broader arts and cultural sector, in confronting the pressing climate emergency. This unique initiative underscores the power of interdisciplinary research within the realms of Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM).
The heart of this scholarship beats with innovation and collaboration. Through the creation of a platform for research exposure and international mobility, the program paves the way for novel approaches to tackle the global challenge of the climate crisis. In addition, it nurtures sustainable research endeavors and cultural exchanges within and beyond the domains of arts, humanities, and culture.
What to Expect – SGSAH Earth Scholarships
- As part of the program, PhD and Early Career Researchers hailing from outside the UK are invited to Scotland for in-person and hybrid exchanges spanning up to 3 months in 2024.
- Specifically centered around fields such as environmental arts and humanities, these research placements come with a unique twist.
- Scholars will participate in a transformative 2-week core leadership program, fostering camaraderie and collaboration among recipients and Scotland-based scholars.
- This incubation of ideas is scheduled for April 2024 and is complemented by thematically and geographically oriented Clusters.
The Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities (SGSAH), is an institution of academic excellence and creative exploration. SGSAH has a rich history and a commitment to fostering innovation, this institution has made a significant impact on the realm of arts and humanities education.
Established several decades ago, the Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities has a storied history of nurturing talent and promoting academic growth. From its inception, the school aimed to cultivate a community of scholars and artists who would push the boundaries of knowledge and creativity.
Eligibility Criteria for British Council SGSAH Earth Scholarships
Aspiring candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria, to be eligible to seize this opportunity:
- Applicants should hold Ph.D. or Early Career Researcher status from a non-UK university.
- Research work should be focused on environmental arts and humanities.
- Akin to the pursuit of excellence, candidates must demonstrate exceptional academic and research skills.
- For Early Career Researchers, the application must be submitted within 1 year of the notification of their PhD award.
Application Process for the British Council SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024
- All interested and eligible Applicants/Candidates for the British Council SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024 are invited to navigate the SGSAH’s online page given below
- Having accessed the SGSAH’s webpage, click the “Apply” button to login or register a new account
- Visit the Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities (SGSAH) at https://www.sgsah.ac.uk/prospective/earth-scholarships-2024/ to commence your application
- A comprehensive research proposal, illustrating your vision and goals.
- A detailed description of how Cluster membership, cohort-building, training, and development activities will be beneficial to you.
- A prudent budget outlining the allocation of resources.
- A concise CV, encapsulating your academic journey up to this point.
- A letter of support from your Ph.D. supervisor, speaking to your potential and suitability for the program.
- A corresponding letter of endorsement from the proposed Host Institution’s Head of Department or equivalent.
The application deadline for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024 is set for 1st November 2023.
What is the core focus of the scholarship program?
The program centers around interdisciplinary research, with an emphasis on collaborations within Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) to address the climate emergency.
Can Early Career Researchers apply before completing their PhD?
Yes, Early Career Researchers can apply within 1 year of receiving notification of their PhD award.
What is the significance of the Clusters in the scholarship program?
The Clusters provide a thematically and geographically oriented framework for scholars to engage, collaborate, and network throughout the program.
More Related Content
- Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities – SGSAH Doctoral Internship 2023 (Apply Now)
- Study Medicine in Scotland For the 2023-24 Academic Calendar – APPLY NOW
- Photography 4 Humanity Global Prize Competition 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- Ways to Protect the World on Earth Day
- British Academy Global Innovation Fellowships 2023 – APPLY NOW
- British Council GREAT Scholarships 2023 for Nigerian Students – Apply Now!