The BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition 2023 is an international innovation competition that recognizes young innovators from the BRICS countries. The competition provides a platform for young innovators to showcase their solutions to global challenges and receive recognition for their work.
The winners of the competition will receive a cash prize of $25,000, $15,000, and $10,000 for first to third place. In this article, we will discuss the BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition 2023 in detail, including its objectives, eligibility criteria, and benefits for participants.
Background of the BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition
Since its establishment in 2018, the Young Innovators Prize Competition has been successful and has gone ahead to become an important platform for BRICS Youths to showcase their innovative talents.
The creation of the award was during South Africa’s BRICS Chairship. The upcoming 6th BRICS Young Innovator Prize will take place from July 31 to August 3, 2023, in South Africa.
- First Place: $25,000
- Second Place: $15,000
- Third Place: $10,000
How to Apply for BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition 2023?
To apply for the BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition 2023, applicants must follow these steps:
- Submit your application by email by May 26, 2023
- Provide the required supporting documents as per the application template
- Click the line found below to download the application form: www.tia.org.za/core/uploads/2023/04/BRICS-YIP-2023-Application-Form.docx
To participate in the BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition 2023, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The Innovations must be focused on Five thematic areas namely: Modernizing manufacturing, Modernizing agriculture, Modernizing mining, and Digital and Circular economies.
- The innovations are expected to have proceeded from universities, research institutes, or registered enterprises in line with a BRICS member country’s law
- The project should have been transformed from scientific and technological achievements;
- Applicants should be under 40 years and be a citizen of the following BRICS country: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
Benefits for Participants
Participating in the BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition 2023 offers the following benefits:
- Cash Prize: The winners of the competition will receive a cash prize of $25,000, $15,000, and $10,000 respectively for the first, second, and third place. This fund can be used to further develop their innovative solution.
- Recognition: Participating in the competition provides recognition for young innovators from the BRICS countries. The recognition can act as a catalyst for their careers in entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Networking Opportunities: Participating in the competition provides networking opportunities for young innovators from the BRICS countries. The competition provides a platform for young innovators to connect, share their ideas and experiences, and collaborate on future projects.
- Social impact
- Process Improvement
- Contribution to Industry Competitiveness
- The Potential to replicate within BRICS member States and beyond
CHECK THESE OUT:
- TikTok Accelerator Program – Apply Now!
- Africa Digital Innovation Competition – How to Apply Now
- Google for Education Certified: Google Certified Trainer – Google for Education
- How to Disable Facebook’s Facial Recognition Feature
- Facebook Facial Recognition and How to Turn it Off
- Facebook Security Settings: Facebook Security | Facebook Security Checkup