There are the best online colleges in Illinois that offer easy learning options for working adults in professional fields. In this article, we are going to be helping you with the ranking of online colleges in Illinois and how you can access it.
The online colleges in Illinois offer programs that can prepare you for careers in the state’s highest-growth industries. It is ranged from research university programs to small schools.
Best online Colleges in Illinois
Illinois was home to 185 degree-granting institutions during the 2015-16 academic year, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. This figure ranked seventh among all states.
Illinois’ top industries for targeted growth include advanced manufacturing farming industry and food processing, life sciences and biotechnology, transportation distribution and logistics, etc. See below for a list of online programs available in Illinois.
Top Online Schools in Illinois 2022
The online colleges listed below offer courses and degrees that may help you break into these thrilling industries in Illinois and beyond.
- Loyola University Chicago, IL – Jesuit-Catholic learning tradition, Eight bachelor’s completion programs
- University of Illinois Springfield, IL – Up to 72 transfer credits accepted, Tuition discounts
- Aurora University Aurora, IL – Generous transfer credit policies, No application fees
- Olivet Nazarene University Bourbonnais, IL – Online nursing degrees, affordable bachelor’s completion program options.
- Eastern Illinois University Charleston, Illinois – accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Loyola University Chicago Chicago, Illinois
The graduation rate is 73%
- The acceptance rate is 71%
- The number of online bachelor degree’s is Eight
- Number of online master’s degrees: 30
- SAT Range for admitted students: Critical reading 570-660; math 560-670
- Minimum GPA: N/A
- Course delivery method: Asynchronous, synchronous, and hybrid
The Loyola University Chicago, Illinois is following the Jesuit educational tradition. They offer online bachelor’s degree completion programs and master’s degrees. The Loyola University Chicago is accredited by the higher learning commission.
In addition, the fields of study in the college include divinity and pastoral studies, public health, supply chain management, and technology.
University of Illinois Springfield, Illinois
- The acceptance rate is 77%
- The graduation rate is 54%
- The annual net price is $12,034
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 12:1
- Number of online bachelor’s degrees: 14
- online master’s degrees: 15
- SAT Range for admitted students: Critical reading 490-600; math 490-590
- Minimum GPA: Transfer, 2.0; graduate, program-specific
The University of Illinois Springfield is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). While the Course delivery method is Asynchronous and synchronous.
The school lists bachelor’s completion and master’s degree among its online programs. UIS bids lower tuition rates for distance learners and pairs students with an online program coordinator.
Lewis University Romeoville, Illinois
- Acceptance rate: 66%
- Graduation rate: 67%
- annual net price: $19,074
- Student body population: 6,183
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13:1
- Number of online bachelor’s degrees: Six
- Number of online master’s degrees: 11
The Lewis University Romeoville, Illinois is a catholic and Lasallian-affiliated university. It offers online learning options for students interested in completing their bachelor’s degrees.
In addition, it also gives room for those who want to advance careers and pursue graduate credentials. The LU is accredited by the Higher learning commission.
Olivet Nazarene University Bourbonnais, Illinois
- The acceptance rate is 67%
- The graduation rate is 63%
- The annual net price is $19,470
- The student body population is 3,462
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15:1
- Number of online bachelor’s degrees: Five
- Number of online master’s degrees: Nine
This university gives accelerated online bachelor’s and master’s degree programs geared to career advancement. The minimum GPA is bachelor’s completion, 2.0, or master’s. & Program-specific.
Olivet Nazarene University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The field of study in the school includes business, education, ministry, and nursing. ONU is affiliated with the international church of the Nazarene.
Eastern Illinois University Charleston, Illinois
The acceptance fee rate is 56% why GR? 61%
- The annual net price is $13,098
- The student body population is 8,608
- Student-to-teacher ratio is b/w 14:1
- Number of online bachelor’s degrees: Seven
- Number of online master’s degrees: 12
The EIU is one of the best colleges in Illinois, it lists online degree completion and master’s programs for adult learners. The average Sat range for admitted students in critical reading is about 480-580 while for math is 480-560.
However, their notable program includes a master’s degree in ageing studies and communication in organizations. The EIU is accredited by the Higher learning commission.
McKendree University Lebanon, Illinois
- The acceptance rate is 70%
- While the graduation rates are 56%
- annual net price of $19,956
- Student body population: 1,958 while Student-to-teacher ratio: 15:1
- Number of online bachelor’s degrees: Five
- Number of online master’s degrees: Four
Hello, resident of Illinois, McKendree University Lebanon is another university to choose from. It is associated with the United Methodist church.
The school offer discounted tuition to online students and bachelor’s and master’s degree in areas like business education, health leadership and nursing.
In addition, the minimum GPA is undergraduate transfer, 2.0 otherwise program-specific. The course delivery method is Asynchronous.
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Illinois
- The acceptance rate is 92%
- While the graduation rate is 53%
- annual net price: $16,285
- Student body population: 11,266
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 10:1
- Number of online bachelor’s degrees: 20
- Number of online master’s degrees: 19
This is another amazing online college in Illinois. Southern Illinois University emphasizes research and inclusivity. The college has about 40 career-focused Bachelor’s completion, and master’s degree programs for online learners.
The university is accredited by the higher learning commission and course delivery methods include Asynchronous and synchronous.
- US News National Ranking: #127
- Campus Location(s): Chicago, Illinois
- Undergraduate Enrollment: 14,294
- Graduation Rate: 70.7%
This university is one of the best online colleges for those who loved to study online in Illinois. It is one of the largest Catholic institutions in America.
It has two campuses, each with a residence hall and a residence hall, one Chicago business district and another in Lincoln Park.
Can You Do Online School In Illinois?
Yes, you can do online school in Illinois. Online schools in Illinois offer students a unique learning experience to safely learn online from home with support from caring teachers.
Is There Free Online School In Illinois?
Yes, the Discovery K12 is an online platform and curriculum for independent homeschoolers. The curriculum is free for pre-k to twelfth grade and includes all major subjects.
What Is An Easy Degree That Pays Well?
So, what are the best choices for easy associate degrees? Top picks include business, accounting, and criminal justice. These are all stable, growing fields that pay well. And more.
Are Online Colleges Worth It?
The opportunity cost of your degree is less because you can continue to earn income while pursuing your degree (plus tuition and fees can be lower than in on-campus programs). You experience the incremental worth of a degree, as you can apply the skills you learn to your day-to-day job from day one.
Are There Any Ivy League Schools In Illinois?
There is no Ivy League school in Illinois. The Ivy League is a collegiate conference in northeast America. Over the years, the Ivy League has become associated with a unique education standard. Illinois is a midwestern state, so none of its universities is Ivy League.