What is the best free video editing apps pc? Do free editing apps work on pc? The short answer to your question is yes. There are several free editing apps for pc, read on to know more.
If you are searching for the best video editing, you will need first to practice a free video editing software that will meet your needs.
Best Free Video Editing Apps PC
There are free video editing apps with only basic-level features, some are too glitchy or chunky, while some of the free apps may even offer an experience better than some paid counterparts.
In addition, we have searched and tested some of the best editing free video apps that you can use on your pc today.
However, even if you are a beginner to taste before buying or you want to use studio-quality tools and effects without paying, there’s free video editing software for you on this list.
How to Choose a Free Video Editing Software
There are some things to consider before getting a free video editing app. Here are the things to look at before buying:
You need to consider your experience level before getting free video editing software. Go for the easy-to-use type.
- You also need to learn the curve before choosing free video editing software.
- Go for a video format support and multi-GPGPU acceleration
- Consider the special effects, music, and other perks.
- In addition, go for free video editing app pc with quality customer support
- The editing feature is another thing to consider. Check if your software of choice has powerful video editing tools that will impress viewers.
Scroll down to make your sure of the available features and pros of the best editing video app for pc.
7 Free Video Editing Software for Windows PC
PowerDirector Essential App
- Price is free
- Available on Windows, MacOS
- Royalty-free stock library
- Come with color grading
- AI Motion tracking
PowerDirector is one of the best free video editing software overall because it is an excellent choice for editors of all skill levels.
It comes with easy-to-use tools, effects, transitions, and titles without paying for advanced features or needing any prior video editing experience.
In addition, it comes with multiple AI tools like sky replacement, motion tracking, audio enhancement, etc. it includes professional and AI-powered tools to turn your videos into studio-quality masterpieces.
IMovie Video Editing App PC
- Built-in music, sound effects, and voiceover recording
- Support for 4K resolution
- Cloud-storage functionality
- Speed controls
The iMovie lets you instantly create styled, edited videos complete with titles, transactions, and even music in just a step tap. This video editing comes bundled with Mac OS. It also offers speed controls that let you make high-octane action scenes faster and sports highlights slower.
In addition, iMovie even supports 4K video for stunning cinema-quality films. And that, everyone, is a wrap. It is very easy to operate, simply add photos and videos to projects, trim clips with your finger, add seamless transitions, and fade audio like a pro.
VSDC Free Video Editor
- Easy to use image filters, and similar
- Color-correction tools for a more professional look
- Mask tools for hiding
- Comes with 4K and HD files
VSDC Pro is created for video creators willing to take their skills to the next level without spending a fortune. It is to speedily fix your footage or put a brand-new movie together using advanced tools for masking, color correction, and motion tracking.
This free video editing app for PC provides a built-in motion tracking tool. It permits you to analyze the route of any moving object in a video. You can record it, and assign that same trajectory to any other object you’ve added to the scene: image, text, or mask.
Meanwhile, this means you can censor moving objects in the video, recreate memes, and just add stylish, dynamic captions.
Windows Video Editor
- 3D effects section with minimal customization
- Easy to use for novice users working in Windows
- Auto-preview tool for edits and effects
- Auto-movie options for creating customizable cuts of your video clips
- Animation tab to easily add music, titles, and credits
Hello windows user, this free video editing app is for you. it enables you to organize, edit and share your memories with Microsoft photos. In addition, there is a new photo app that makes it fun and easy to enhance your digital memories.
It is very easy to access, just pick a theme, pick a soundtrack or automatically generate a movie with one click. Even if you are a beginner or expert, photos make storytelling simple. You can have access to choose a star, trim your video easily in the photo app, and more.
- More than 1,000 templates to choose from
- Facial recognition, filters, effects, and auto-cropping
- Professional auto-editing ability
- Offer the ability to share videos across marketing channels
- Come with unlimited high-quality stock images with iStock integration
- Library of commercially licensed music to choose from
Vimeo Create is an A.I.-powered online video maker that makes it easy and intuitive to produce stunning videos in minutes. The app makes video easier. In addition, you can make stunning videos that look like they took hours.
It is easy and intuitive to build, edit, customize, and share all from one place. You need to choose the size of your video before you get started, or resize it later.
However, it is free to try Vimeo Create. Browse our professionally designed templates, test the smart editor for yourself, and make your first video.
HitFilm Express – Best for VFX
- It comes with 4K Export
- Motion tracking
- It has 3D simulation
- Available on Windows, macOS
- Price is free
HitFilm’s ultra-fast technology work at lightning speed. You don’t have to lagging, no waiting around. All you have to do is in-built interface filled with all the editing, animation, and audio tools you need.
Create dynamic edits with all the basic tools you need which include cut, slice, trim, split, crop, flip & more. It offers all the basic features that editing enthusiasts will need in free video editing software. The option to add on more features starts at $9 and you can pay per feature from thereon.
Also Read: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Release
Shotcut Video Editing App
- Support for AV1 decoding and encoding
- Resolution support to 4k.
- Support for the latest audio and video formats
- Native timeline editing
Shotcut is a free, open-source, cross-platform video editor. This app supports hundreds of audio and video formats and codecs. You don’t need import required, which means native editing, plus multi-format timelines, resolutions, and frame-rates within a project.
Like have stated before, Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Major features include support for a wide range of formats, resolution support to 4k, no import required meaning native timeline editing, and more.
What is video editing software?
Video editing software is a platform that helps businesses successfully edit, modify, generate, or manipulate a video or move the file. With the help of this software, you can cut and arrange video to give it a better flow.
How Can I Edit Videos Quickly and Easily?
Here are our favorite tips for editing videos faster, no matter your skill or editing experience.
- Use at least 2 monitors for a larger workspace
- Create keyboard shortcuts for repetitive tasks
- Edit in stages, starting backward
- Edit the b-roll in a separate timeline
- Take advantage of free stock video and music
- If you use music throughout, pick the track first and edit to its tempo
Is Free Editing Software Good Enough for My Videos?
Absolutely yes. Free editing software has cut home movies to feature films for years. They may not have all the bells and whistles as paid software but if you are looking for the basics of what you need to cut together videos you can’t go wrong with free.
Does Mac Have a Free Video Editor?
Yes, Macs come with iMovie, a basic video editor. However, most of the video editors on this list have more features and tools.
Does Windows 10 Have a Movie Maker?
Though Windows once came with a built-in movie maker, this program is no longer available for download. Instead, you can edit movies through the Windows Photos app, Movie Maker Online, or any of the Windows-compatible programs above.