Marketing is the act of creating awareness or making brands popular in the market. The overall goal of marketing is to drive selling. Apart from creating awareness, marketing also deals with the identification of consumers’ needs and proffering solutions. Understanding the concept and benefits of digital marketing will go a long way in boosting the marketing strategy of your business.
Marketing also deals with product development. It involves knowing your market and developing a product. The four major pillars of marketing are:
Digital marketing is marketing done electronically. It involves taking advantage of digital means such as social media, web, multimedia, etc. to reach out to people.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
The benefits of digital marketing are:
Gives a Wider Geographical Reach
Digital marketing helps you reach a wider audience. With the use of digital marketing, the world is subjected to your frame. You can reach even more people. On the path of the consumers, it makes it easier to get products from other places without spending much money.
Cost Efficient Efficiency
As stated above, Digital marketing helps people get products or services from farther locations without having to break the bank.
With various digital marketing platforms, you can streamline your marketing to target certain markets or groups of people. Take a look at our article on target marketing for more information.
This has been more utilized in email marketing. Personalization makes customers feel special. Adding a touch of personalization to your ads will help you convert better.
With digital marketing, you can get more conversions than word of mouth.
Concepts of Digital Marketing
These are the major concepts that form the various actions you take when performing digital marketing:
These are the major stages involved in the customer retention and conversion process: These stages include:
The awareness stage is the first stage of interaction a customer has with a business. This is the process of making your products known to your customer and making them realize you can solve their problem.
Sparking your prospect’s interest in your products. It involves getting curiosity from your customers. Developing a new product can help you combat low-interest rates at this level. Whoever shows interest in your products is called a lead.
At this point, your customers start considering your services. They might want to choose between you and your competition. At this point, the concept of pricing, quality, and awareness can help you win over your competition.
This is the last phase of the sales funnel. This is where your prospect finally decides to do business with you. This is where the lead finally converts to a customer.
This is the process a buyer goes through before becoming a paying customer.
The ideal stages of a buyer’s journey are:
Here, the buyer becomes conscious of his/her problem.
Here, the buyer defines their problem and ponders upon options to solve it.
Here, the buyer then evaluates and decides on the right provider of a solution.
This is the semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer based on the data from your existing customers.
Importance of Buyer’s Persona
Some of the major importance of a buyer’s persona are:
- This will help you know exactly which customers to attract and delight.
- It will help you focus on the major challenges of these customers.
By creating a very good buyer persona, you can create the best products and market them to the right customers.
Tips For a Successful Digital Marketing Strategy
While it matters the type of digital marketing strategy you are using for your business, the best practices will surely get you the right results. Some of these practices are:
- Don’t be very strict with your digital marketing strategy. Be flexible. Get your data from analytics and experiment with new and better ways to achieve your business goals.
- Make sure that all your contents are deliberate, purposeful, and relevant. They must be valuable to the persona of the buyer and compel them to go down the funnel.
- Align your marketing actions with the goals of your business.
- Set KPIs to easily measure success.
- Measure or track your growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Types of Digital Marketing?
Some of the types of digital marketing are:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search engine marketing
- Social media marketing
- Pay Per Click Marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Email Marketing
What is a Content?
Anything that portrays information such as a carousel, pictures, write-ups, videos, etc.
What are the ‘How tos’ of Email Marketing?
- Create your email list
- Add an email service provider
- Place a pop-up contact form on your website.
- Make sure you use a very good lead magnet.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
Affiliate marketing spreads the responsibilities of product marketing and creation across parties. It manages to leverage the abilities of a variety of individuals for a more effective marketing strategy while providing contributors with a share of the profit.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Persona Reportedly Has Two New Games on Their Way to Xbox
- PlayStation Plus Reveals Game Treat for January
- Six Easy Steps to Make Your Brand Global – Easy Steps for a Successful Brand Building
- Facebook Business Page – What Is the Difference between a Facebook and a Facebook Business Page?
- Facebook Dating Review – Countries with Facebook Dating App | Facebook Dating
- Marketing Platform – Why Digital Marketing is very Important