Applications for the 2024/2025 edition of the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans, open from September 2023, with the deadline yet to be announced.
Are you an African student seeking for a Postgraduate scholarship award to further your studies in the UK or South Africa? If so, here is your perfect opportunity to enroll in a fully funded Postgraduates Program in the UK or South Africa supported by the Beit Trust.
Before we delve into the details of this program, including its requirements, benefits, and how to apply, let’s talk briefly about the history of the Beit Trust.
What is Beit Trust?
The Beit Trust is an independent charity that has been actively supporting people and communities in Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Malawi for over a century. It was established in 1906 by financier and philanthropist Alfred Beit, the Trust’s mission is to operate “for the benefit of the people.” The organization focuses on health, education, transport, social welfare, and conservation, and has played a crucial role in regional development.
With a Legacy of Educational Support, the Beit Trust collaborates with eight UK universities and three South African universities to sponsor individuals with a passion for pursuing higher education. This partnership model helps share costs, thereby increasing the number of fully funded scholarships available to African students. These scholarships not only empower individuals but contribute to the development of their home countries.
Eligibility Criteria for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2024-25
To be eligible for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2024/2025, Applicants must meet the conditions below:
- Nationals of any of these countries: Zambia, Zimbabwe, or Malawi.
- Should hold permanent residence in one of these countries, plan to live there, and intend to return after their studies.
- Applicants (excluding medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age by December 31, 2023
- Applicants with relevant work experience after their first degree will have an advantage.
- Medical and veterinary doctors should be under 35 years of age and have completed specific requirements.
Benefits of the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
Recipients of the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships will enjoy comprehensive support, including the following benefits:
- A tuition fee waiver for all Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship recipients
- All academic expenses will be covered by the Trust
- Maintenance costs coverage applies
- As a recipient, you will also receive a personal allowance and additional allowances for arrival
- A laptop, and departure allowance inclusive
- Economy class tickets are provided for travel to and from the place of your entire study.
Application Process for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
Applying for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2024-24 typically involves the steps below.
- First, you will need to apply and secure admission to a partner university in the UK or South Africa for a postgraduate course.
- Inform the partner university about your intention to seek scholarship funding from the Beit Trust and provide details about your work experience.
- Notify the Trust about your application submission and specify the course you’re applying for.
- Then confirm your nationality with the Trust and
- Submit your application form to the relevant email address stated on the official page
- Visit the application page here: https://scholarships255225.typeform.com/to/fgRgQPFj to commence your application
More details about this program can be found at the official website of the Beit Trust at http://beittrust.org.uk/beit-trust-scholarships
You’re required to submit several documents, including:
- A signed Medical Certificate Form from a doctor.
- An offer letter from a UK or South African partner university.
- Degree results.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A personal statement explaining how the postgraduate degree will benefit your country.
- A recent photograph.
- A copy of a valid passport.