If you want to learn how to delete your Facebook account without a password, you are reading the right article. Due to some security reasons, you cannot carry out this action without logging in to your account. But there are ways you can go around it. This article is going to show you how. So, keep on reading.
How to Delete Facebook Account Without Password
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world today. This platform has become so popular that other apps have gone ahead to integrate it. That is why we have Facebook sign up and sign in on Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. The main purpose of this platform is to allow people to connect from different parts of the world.
There are so many benefits of this platform. From networking to business to dating to news and information and lots more. If you no longer have an access to your account on this social media space, you would not be able to delete it. You should keep on reading to find the possible ways to leave this space permanently without a password.
How to Delete your Facebook Account by Recovering your Password
One way you can leave this space permanently is to recover your login credentials and then access your account with it. To carry out this action, the steps outlined below would help you:
- Switch on your device and connect it to a high-speed internet network.
- Locate the Facebook app on your device and tap on it to open it.
- If you do not have the app, visit www.facebook.com with the web browser on your device.
- Scroll down the opened page and choose “Forgotten Password?”.
- Fill in your “Email address” or “mobile number” in the required field.
- Choose “Search”.
- Select how you want to reset your password.
- Click or tap on “Continue”.
- Follow the rest instructions on your screen to reset your pin. This is the pin you would be using to log in to your account to delete it.
- Open the Facebook app or platform again and sign in with the new pin.
- Tap on the hamburger menu at the top right corner of your display screen.
- Navigate to “Settings” and tap on it.
- Choose “Personal and account information”.
- Select “Account ownership and control”.
- Choose “Deactivation and deletion”.
- Scroll down to “Delete account” and choose it.
- Pick the reason why you want to leave the space.
- Continue to account deletion by clicking on the blue button at the bottom of your screen.
- Follow the rest on-screen instructions to enter your Password and leave the space finally.
This is one of the methods which you can use to leave the social media platform permanently.
How to Delete your Facebook Account with Facebook’s Trusted Friends Feature
There is a feature on Facebook that lets you set your trusted friends who are also users of this platform. This feature was launched in the year 2013. The disadvantage of this method is that you cannot use it if you have not set up your Trusted friends before this time.
However, if you have set up this feature on your account, the guide below would help you log in and delete your account:
- Go to www.facebook.com with your internet-connected device.
- Choose “Forgotten Password?”.
- Enter your “email address”, or “mobile number” in the required field and choose “Search”.
- Look at the list of email addresses listed on your account.
- Select “No longer have access to these?”.
- Fill in a new “Email address” or “Phone number” you can access.
- Click on “Reveal my Trusted Contact”.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to get a unique link.
- Send any of your Trusted Friends the Facebook Link.
- Contact the friend to open the link and send you the login code.
- Use the recovery code to log in to your account.
- Click the menu button on your display screen.
- Scroll down to “Settings” and click on it.
- Select “Personal and account information” and choose “Account ownership and control”.
- Choose “Deactivation and deletion”.
- Navigate to “Delete account” and choose it.
- State the reason why you want to carry out the action.
- Click on “Continue” to continue the action.
After this, some prompts would be displayed on your screen. Follow them to fill in your new password and delete the account permanently.