Bandcamp is a music platform where you can Discover, Stream (Listen), Download, Buy and Sell (Upload) Music. So, if you are looking for a platform where you can stream and download music, you should give this platform a try.
In this article, you would learn more about the platform, how to create an account, sign in, download music, and lots more. Having known this, you should read this article to the end.
There are tons of online music streaming platforms and some of them may not fully meet the needs of users. This online music streaming platform has been in existence since the year 2007.
Besides streaming and downloading music on Bandcamp. This platform is created to also give support to music artists. Individuals can connect directly and support their favorite artists on this platform. This platform empowers rising artists by giving them an opportunity to sell their songs and other products. Artists can also control their music releases and sales with simple tools made available on the site.
These tools include; offline streaming, downloading, merchandise, streaming analytics, and lots more. Other music-related content you can find on this platform includes video game soundtracks and spoken-word performances.
Is Bandcamp free?
This question may be running through your mind now. This online music platform is free to use. As an artist, you can upload your music and start earning on the platform. Also, you can create an account on the online platform or app for free.
However, for a better music experience, there is a Pro membership subscription which you can pay for. To learn more about this Pro membership subscription, you should click here now.
How to use Bandcamp as an Artist
Before you can use this platform to listen share or sell your music, you would need to create an account. There are three account options made available for users. They include:
- The Fan account.
- The Artist account and the
- Label account.
As an artist, you would need to choose “sign up as an artist”. This article would guide you on how to sign up on the platform.
How to use Bandcamp as a Fan
As a fan, you can support your favorite artists on this platform. You can buy their uploaded audios and other products directly from them. You can also download music from this platform. But before you proceed to do this, you would have to create an account.
How to Create an Account on www.bandcamp.com
To create an account on the official web page, you can follow the steps outlined below:
- Connect your device to a high-speed internet network.
- Open the web browser on your internet-enabled device.
- On the search field, enter bandcamp.com to visit the official web page.
- Locate “Sign up” at the top right corner of your display screen and click on it.
- Select the Account type you want to create (Fan, Artist, or label).
- Fill in your details (Username, Password, Email etc.) in the required fields.
- Correctly enter every other required credential (which is based on the account type you choose).
- Read through the terms and conditions and tick the box.
- Click on the “Sign Up” button at the bottom of your display screen.
With this, you would have an account on the platform.
To stream and download music from Bandcamp, you need to be logged in to your account. Also, you can see all artists, albums, and tracks tagged with “free download” on this music platform when you sign in to your account. To learn more about this, you should keep on reading.
How to Login to your Bandcamp account
The steps below would help you sign in to your account.
- Visit the official web page with the web browser on your device by clicking on this link-bandcamp.com
- Navigate to “Log in” at the top of your screen and click on it.
- Enter your “Username”, “Email” and “Password”
- Click on “Login” at the bottom of your screen.
After this, you would be logged in to your account where you can gain access to music.
How to Download Music from www.bandcamp.com
This platform also gives you the opportunity to download your favorite playlists or track. But before you can carry out this operation, you would need to create an account.
However, not all music and audios are for free on the platform. You would have to purchase it before you can download it. To download music from this streaming platform, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official web page with this link- www.bandcamp.com.
- Click on “Login” at the top of your display screen.
- Sign in to your account with your “Username”, “Email” and “Password”.
- On the search bar at the top of your screen, enter the name of the “album” or “track” you wish to download.
- Click on “Download” for free.
- Once the download is complete, go to “Downloads” on your device.
- Tap on the zip file to open it.
- Move the unzipped music to the Music folder on your device.
With the steps above, you would be able to download music from the platform.
How to Listen to Music on www.bandcamp.com
To listen to music on Bandcamp, follow the steps outlined below:
- Open the web browser on your internet-connected device.
- Enter the URL- www.bandcamp.com in the search area to visit the official web page.
- Sign in to your account with your “Username” or “Email” and “Password”.
- Use your virtual keyboard to search for the artist or music you want to listen.
- Once the music or track appears, click on it.
- If the music is not for free, you would have to purchase it with the instructions on your screen.
- Click on the Play icon on your screen.
Having done this, you can listen to your favorite music or artist on the platform.
How to Upload Music to Bandcamp on Bandcamp.com
If you are an artist who wants to share and sell your music with fans, Bandcamp is an ideal option for you. You can upload your music on the platform provided you have an existing account. If you do not have an existing account, you can create one with the guide in this article.
Having done this, you can follow the steps below to upload your music on the platform:
- With your internet-connected device, click on this link www.bandcamp.com.
- Go to your dashboard on the account.
- Click on “Add tracks” or “Add audio”.
- Select the audio file you want to upload from your device.
- You should make sure the file you want to upload meet the standard requirements (size, format, etc.).
- Save it as a draft.
- Select “Public” and then “Publish”.
And with this, you can follow the rest on-screen instructions to successfully upload your music on the platform.
Bandcamp App Download
If you do not want to use your web browser all the time to access your Bandcamp account, you can use the app. With the app, you can create an account, log in and access the amazing features. You can also search for your favorite artists, tracks, and albums. This app is available for Android and iOS users. To learn how to download this app, you should keep on reading.
How to Download the Bandcamp App on Apple Devices
This app is available on the Apple App Store. To download it on your iPhone or iPad, the steps below would guide you:
- Switch on your iPad or iPhone.
- Connect the device over your home Wi-Fi to a high-speed internet network.
- Tap on the “App Store” icon on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the search icon on your display screen.
- Enter “Bandcamp App” into the search field.
- When the app appears on your screen, click on the “Install” button.
After this, the process of installation would begin. With this, you can sign in with your “Email” and “Password” to use the app.
How to Download the Bandcamp app on Android Devices
For android users, the guide below would help you download the Bandcamp app on your device.
- Ensure your Android device is connected to the internet.
- Locate the “Google play store” icon on your device and tap on it.
- Use the virtual keyboard on your device to enter the “Bandcamp app” into the search bar.
- Once the app appears on your screen, click or tap on “Install”.
With this, the app would be installed on your device.
Having known much about this music platform, you can go ahead to explore it as a lover of music or an artist.
- How to Sign into okcupid with Facebook – OkCupid Sign Up
- WIC – WIC Eligibility | Website | Applications | Benefits And Locations
- My BistroMD – MyBistroMD Sign Up, Login and Order
- SPINRILLA – Download and Upload Music on spinrilla.com | Spirilla Music App
- Netnaija.com – Download Free Music, Movies, Videos, and TV Series on www.netnaija.com
- O2TVSeries – Download TV Series, Movies, and TV Shows on o2tvseries.com
- ebtEDGE Login – Easy Step to Login to any of your EBT Account
- Guide on Facebook Marketplace: Facebook Marketplace | How to Get on Facebook Marketplace