Australia is one of the most preferred study destinations for most international students around the world, with the Australian Government Research Scholarship, universities in Australia have witnessed a significant number of students applying to study.
If you are looking to study in Australia, it will interest you to know that the University of Adelaide is currently accepting the application for the Australian Government Research Scholarship for the academic year 2022/2023 for Master’s & Ph.D. degree students all around the world to study in Australia.
About Australian Government Research Scholarship
The Australian Government Research Scholarship at the University of Adelaide is a fully-funded scholarship available in all academic fields. The University of Adelaide was founded in 1874, it is a public university located in South Australia.
The University of Adelaide is the third-oldest university in Australia, the scholarship program offered at this University is 3 years for a master’s and 4 years for a Ph.D. degree.
Summary of Australian Government Research Scholarship
- Institution: University of Adelaide
- Nation/Country: Australia
- Study Level: Masters & Ph.D. degrees
- Research Scholarship application deadline: June 5, 2022
- Duration of program: Master’s degree program is 2 Years and a Ph.D. is 3 Years. However, the maximum duration of this scholarship is 3 Years.
- Fields of study available: University of Adelaide Australian Government Research Scholarship is available in the following fields:
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medical Sciences
You can click the link below to find your preferred degree: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/degree-finder/#pgrad-brse-tab
Financial Coverage for Australian Government Research Scholarship
Successful applicants will enjoy the following benefits:
- A Stipend of an annual living allowance of AUD$28,092 (tax-free, 2022 value) for up to 2 Years for a Research Master’s degree and 3 Years for a Research Doctorate Degree.
- Complete Tuition Fee
- Financial coverage on Medicals (Paid sick leave).
- Provisions for Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Allowance for Airfare tickets around $1000 travel from recipient home country to/from Adelaide.
- Coverage for Thesis submission example Editing, Printing, Binding, etc is around AUD$840 for Doctoral candidates and AUD$420 for master by Research candidates.
How to Apply For the Australian Government Research Scholarship
Please note that the entire process of applying for this scholarship is online, kindly follow the steps below to apply:
- Make sure to check your eligibility at: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduate-research/future-students/how-to-apply#step-1-check-your-eligibility before you commence on the next step
- You will need to review the scholarship eligibility criteria, visit the link to do view the criteria: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduate-research/future-students/how-to-apply#step-2-review-scholarship-eligibility-criteria
- Then find a supervisor: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduate-research/future-students/how-to-apply#step-3-find-a-supervisor
- Once you’re done with steps 1-3 you can now proceed to Apply Online by visiting the official link below: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduate-research/future-students/how-to-apply#step-4-apply-online
- Do not forget to Accept your offer and enroll
Eligibility Criteria for Research Scholarship
- All Applicants must be International Students to be eligible
- Candidates around the globe are accepted by any nationality.
- Masters by research applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with first or second-class honors from the University of Sydney or another approved institution
- D. Research candidates must demonstrate prior research experience and capability. Either possessing;
Their Bachelor’s degree with first-class or upper second class honors or
Master’s degree performed at a high academic standard having components of research
- All Applicants must have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian Honours degree to study in Adelaide
- Candidates must provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s English language proficiency requirements
Please note that all the application documents must be in English for the Australian Government Research scholarship 2022.
- Previous Degrees:
- Two Recommendation Letters:
- Research Proposal
- Supervisor Acceptance Letter
- Well written Cv / Resume
- A very Good TOEFL or IELTS Score
- Other supporting documents
Best of luck!