The African Union (AU) has announced the Call for Applications for the Civil Society Organizations (Csos) Working on Youth, Women, Peace, and Security Agenda in Africa 2022.
This drive lines up with the aspirations of the Union’s quest to establish a people-centered community and achieve the Agenda 2063 for shared prosperity, well-being, unity and integration.
AU Civil Society Organizations
To achieve one continent of free citizens and horizons where the potential of women and young people is fully realized, free from want, fear and diseases.
The Program will have a total of six selected winners with substantial contribution to the implementation of the WPS and YPS agenda in their community, country. To be eligible, the candidates must demonstrate that they have contributed in unique ways through the realization of exceptional projects/activities in the following areas:
- Preventing sexual and gender-based violence as well as the protection of women and young people in conflict situations;
- The Process of conflict prevention, transformation, resolution and consolidation of gender mainstreaming peace
- An Inclusive conflict prevention process, conflict resolution and peace building peace;
- An Effective inclusion of women and young people in the process of peace
Details About AU Civil Society Organizations (Csos)
- Organization: African Union
- Country: Africa
- Course: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: The last day for submitting application is November 18, 2022
- Number of Winners: 6
About African Union
The African Union (AU) was formerly launched in 2002, succeeding the then Organization of African Unity (OAU) which lasted from 1963 to 1999.
The African Union (AU) is a body of the African continent that consists of 55 member states that makes up the countries of the African Continent.
The union seeks to rid of the continent of Africa, the remaining vestiges of colonization and also to promote unity and solidarity amongst African States,
Benefits/Rewards of the AU Civil Society Organizations (Csos)
- The program seeks to build a people-centered community and achieve Agenda 2063 for shared prosperity, well-being, unity and integration
- To promote one continent of free citizens and horizons where the potential of women and young people is fully realized
How to Apply for the AU Civil Society Organizations (Csos)
- Interested Applicants should note that Application duly completed and signed are to be submitted to: [email protected]
- For more details, visit African Union (AU) website: https://au.int/en/announcements/20221108/call-applications-civil-society-organizations-csos-working-youth-women-peace
Criteria for the AU Civil Society Organizations (Csos)
All the eligible applicants will be assessed based on specific criteria stated below;
- Impact: The Applicants, through collaboration or leadership, must have made an outstanding contribution with tangible results to advancing the WPS or JPS agenda. They must inspired others through their courage and commitment
- Community: Must have been active at the community level, and their achievements have advanced peace and security efforts and decision-making processes.
- The CSO are expected to work in the field of youth/women and peace and security in Africa;
- Must be an African civil society organization to be eligible
- Currently in operation for at least 3 years and be registered in one of the 55 states UA members
- The Proof of achievements in implementing activities related to the WPS/YPS agendas
- Investigations for fraud and other vices such as corruption, sexual abuse, exploitation sexual or other wrongdoing shall be made
Documents Required for Application
- Certificate of registration with proof of operation for the three years of registration.
- Constitution of the organization.
- CV of designated representative(s) of the organization.
- Well documented Financial reports for the past 3 years
- Well organized Activity reports for the past 3 years in the area of Youth Peace and Security and/or Women Peace
- Evidence of key achievement/concrete indicators of two projects on WPS and YPS
- Three reference contact details
- The completed application form.
November 18, 2022
- Apple Reveals the Hidden Upgrades That Improve the Audio on the AirPods Pro 2
- Cyber Monday Echo Deals – The Best Cyber Monday Echo Deals On Amazon
- Top Cyber Monday AirPods Deals – Best Cyber Mondays Airpods Deals
- My HR Kp Login – Login to My Hr Connect Portal at healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/front-door
- www.disneyplus.com/begin – How to Sign Up for Disney Plus | Disney Plus Login
- Cyber Monday Deals – The Best Sales Happening Right Now