Ashinaga Africa Initiative Leadership Program 2024 is currently accepting applications from eligible young African Orphans. Ashinaga Africa Initiative otherwise referred to as AAI, is a global leadership program that seeks to provide financial support to outstanding students who lost one or both parents.
These students, however, must have commitments to returning to sub-Saharan Africa to contribute to the continent’s socio-economic progress. The Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI) provides all the successfully selected Young African Orphans with complete access to financial support to study at prestigious universities abroad
Ashinaga Africa Initiative Leadership Program
In 2014, the Ashinaga Africa Initiative was launched to increase access to higher education overseas to support Sub-Saharan Africa’s growing role in global development.
They provide orphaned children access to complete financial aid to study at an overseas institution (equivalent to an undergraduate degree), to support them in their goal of returning home and doing change.
Requirements for Ashinaga Africa Initiative Leadership Program
To be considered for the Ashinaga Africa Initiative Leadership Program, Applicants must meet the requirements below:
- Have lost a parent or both
- Must be citizens of one of the 49 sub-Saharan countries.
- Applicants are expected to have already completed three (3) years of high school with an excellent academic record, and consistently placed in the top 10% of their class.
- Candidates must be seen as not having the means to attend university without external financial support.
- He/she must be committed to returning to sub-Saharan Africa to contribute to its socio-economic progress using their professional experiences.
- Applicant should have no dependents.
- Candidates must have zero health conditions that would prevent them from having a successful study abroad
- Have the ability and willingness to spend a gap year to complete the full-time Ashinaga Preparation Year curriculum.
How to Apply
The steps involved in applying for the Ashinaga Africa Initiative Leadership Program 2024 is brief:
- Qualified Candidates should visit Ashinga Africa Initiative at https://ashinaga.smapply.net/acc/r/?g=80409 to apply.
- To verify their eligibility, all candidates must register for the program.
- The link to the application form will only be sent by email to students who sign up for the program and are accepted.
- Visit the Ashinaga Africa Initiative website given below for additional information.
- Official Ashinaga Africa Initiative website: https://ashinaga.smapply.net/.
Documents Required for Application
The following documents are required to complete the registration form:
- The official death certificate of deceased parent or official government affidavit confirming the applicant’s loss of one or both parents.
- Official transcripts from the applicant’s last 3 years of high school if currently in the third year of high school (two full years and semester grades if available);
- All high school transcripts if the Applicant has graduated high school.
January 19, 2024.