Speaking of Kaduna Data Science Fellowship, are you equipped to become an expert in Data Science? Do you have the necessary skills and experience required to become a leading Data Scientist? If yes, it will interest you to know that Kaduna State in Nigeria has opened applications for its 2022 Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Program.
About Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Program
Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme is aimed at strengthening the coordination in the collection and use of data for evidence-based decision-making.
Kaduna Data Science Fellowship (Lab Project) is a collaboration by the Kaduna State Government, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Natview Foundation for Technology Innovation.
The Data Lap project is a five-year project that seeks to offer support to the State in implementing the Data Revolution Plan, with a core objective of developing human capital in data science as well as for the use of decision making.
Within the 5 years time frame, Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme would be building the capacity of 100 youths in groups. The first set of this fellowship was successful in training about 30 young people on Data Science and the use of modern tools in decision making.
Kaduna Data Science Fellowship is a 6-months program with a major focus on the health sector, the 6 months program would be divided into two categories; 3-months of intensive training within the classroom and 3 months of paid internship.
The 3-months paid internship provides an opportunity for participants to work closely within the Amina J. SDGs Data Laboratory under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics.
Summary of Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Program
- Application Deadline for the Kaduna Data Science Fellowship: May 20, 2022
- Type of program: Fellowship
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- To be taken at Kaduna State, Nigeria
- Number of Awards: Not Specified
The Eligibility Criteria For Kaduna Data Science Fellowship
- The Age requirement is from 18yrs to 35yrs except for exceptional cases
- The applicant’s State of residence must be in Kaduna
- Applicants must possess academic qualifications from Graduate of Tertiary Institutions in any of the STEMS courses specifically: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Physical Sciences, and any other health-related discipline.
- Students at the Undergraduates level within the STEM fields currently having their 6months to 1-year Internships are also encouraged to apply.
- Individuals with the skills below are strongly sorted after:
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic Knowledge of Data usage & Understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal English)
- The fellowship has 50% gender balancing and distribution applied during the selection process.
How to Apply for the Kaduna Data Science Fellowship
To apply for the Kaduna Data Science Fellowship, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the application webpage at: https://www.datascience.click-onkaduna.ng/apply-now
- You will need to complete the application form shown on your screen and then submit it afterward
- An email will be sent to you, open it to access your activation link
- Click the activation link to create/activate your profile
- Then, create a new password to log in to your profile
- On your profile page, compose an essay of 250 words maximum on why you should be selected for the program.
- You will also need to upload a valid means of identification such as Vitersi Card, National ID Card, Driver’s license, or International passport. Please note that the image type should be .jpg
- Once you’re done with the above step, you will receive a confirmation status of your application
- Upon successful application, you will be contacted to take a computer-based test
- If you pass the computer-based test, you will be required to upload a video introducing yourself, stating why you applied and why you should be accepted
- Successful candidates will be contacted to attend a one on one interview with the selection panel after which they join the Cohort for the fellowship program
Award Webpage: https://www.datascience.click-onkaduna.ng/
The Worth of Kaduna Data Science Fellowship
Successful participants will benefit from the following:
- An opportunity to upgrade your skills and develop a career in the most sought-after industry in the world.
- The successful candidate will have the privilege of working with a team of public policy experts, Data Analysts to contribute to development planning, public policy, and the use of data for evidence-based decision making in the Health Sector.
- Benefits of a fully paid internship program with industry leaders and stakeholders within the health sector for 6 months
- The use of Model data via Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab.
- A chance to build a sustainable network within the Data Science Ecosystem.
Best of Luck!