Can you use apple pay at Walmart? This is one of the frequently asked questions regarding these two giants. Walmart, the largest retailing platform in the world, and Apple Pay a contactless payment system developed by Apple.
Now here is the question that has got users curious. Can I pay with apple pay on Walmart, either in stores or online? To find out the answer to this question, continue reading.
Apple Pay at Walmart
To cut to the chase, Walmart does not accept apple pay at its stores or online. There is no official statement from Walmart as to why, but I think it is probably to push awareness for its own payment system, Walmart Pay. With this type of payment system, you can link your credit, debit, pre-paid, or gift cards just like apple pay. And just like apple pay, you can only make payments with your Walmart Pay passcode. And unlike apple pay, you will need to open an app before you can process payments.
How to Set Up Walmart Pay on Your iPhone
Since you now know that you cannot pay with apple pay on Walmart, it is important that you know how to set up Walmart Pay on your iPhone or Apple device as this is the only means of processing payments on the platform. You will first need to download the Walmart Pay app from your Apple app store. Once this app is downloaded and installed on your device, follow the steps below;
- Open the app on your Apple device.
- Sign in to your already existing account or create a new Walmart pay account. This account is the same as your Walmart account.
- Tap on payment methods.
- Add payment information to your account via the Walmart app.
- Select or set up a 4-digit password and choose to use touch ID or face ID.
How to Pay With Walmart Pay on Your iPhone
To pay with Walmart Pay on your iPhone, follow the steps below;
- Long-hold the app icon and select apple pay from the pop–up menu. Or open the Walmart Pay app directly.
- Enter your password. Or you can choose to use the face ID or Touch ID to authenticate a payment.
- Scan the generated QR code in other to complete your transaction.
- You will receive an e-receipt when payment processing is successful.
That’s how to set up and subsequently pay with Walmart Pay on your Apple device.
Check This Out: