Here is an amazing study opportunity for African students to further their studies by applying for AIMS-Carnegie PhD Scholarship 2022 intake. AIMS-Carnegie PhD Scholarship is open for eligible African students, the scholarship program is a collaborative effort of the Carnegie Corporation of New York, and the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS).
The AIMS-Carnegie PhD Scholarship is open for students who are in the final stage of their MSc or MSc holders with an interest in Data Science and its related disciplines. Students are encouraged to apply for one of four PhD scholarships at its pioneering Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Research Centre in Rwanda.
About AIMS-Carnegie PhD Scholarship
The AIMS-Carnegie Research program covers the field of Data Science and its related fields. This scholarship Program seeks to position Africa at the forefront of information science. Another aim of this amazing program is to ensure that scientists on the global stage are able to fully contribute to the above goal.
Details of AIMS-Carnegie PhD Scholarship
- Scholarship Application Deadline: 13th June 2022
- Type of program: PhD
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Duration of Award: 3 years
Requirements for AIMS-Carnegie PhD Scholarship
Applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria below before applying for AIMS-Carnegie PhD Scholarship. The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Interested Applicants can be from any country.
- Applicants are expected to hold at least an MSc degree in any field related to mathematical sciences before the start date of this position.
- Applicants must have an interest in undertaking research in Data Science and its related disciplines.
- Prior knowledge of mathematical modeling would be an advantage.
- Applicants should have an open mind and must be willing to carry out their research at their preferred AIMS Research Centre, or a designated partner institution in one of the AIMS host centers.
How to Apply For AIMS-Carnegie PhD Scholarship
The application process for this scholarship takes only a few minutes to complete.
- Go through the application requirements on the Programme Webpage before applying
- Visit the official scholarship application page at: https://quantumleapafrica.org/applications-28/ to apply
- You will be required to provide your details in the required fields
Value and Benefits of AIMS-Carnegie PhD Scholarship
- There is financial support for successful candidates with each getting up to $19 390 per annum for the three-year duration of their research study.
- There are funds made available for conferences and international scientific events.
- Successful Students would be based at QLA in Rwanda and could be affiliated with any of the AIMS Research Centres
- Successful candidates will be allowed to spend time in other international partner universities or research centers.
- They may also be affiliated with any recognized institution of higher learning located in the same country as the AIMS Research Centre.
Application Selection Process
The selection process for this scholarship is very competitive hence it is carried out in two phases:
- Phase 1:
The Deadline to apply (Phase 1) is 06/13/2022. The following documents will be required:
- Application Form
- Transcripts (undergraduate and masters level transcripts)
You will be able to:
- Select a research topic
- Letter of support: Name two academics
- State whether you already are admitted to a university
- You will need to provide answers for the following in the application form
- Talk abt your research interests, motivation for pursuing a Ph.D. and future plans
Best of luck with your application!
YOU MAY LIKE: