The AIG Scholarships Program, launched in 2017, offers an extraordinary opportunity for outstanding West Africans with a keen interest in public service, to pursue a Master of Public Policy at Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford.
This post seeks to explore details about the AIG Scholarships, its objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, and application process.
AIG Scholarships 2024
The AIG Scholarships were established in 2017 with the primary aim of nurturing future public sector leaders who possess a strong dedication to serving their communities and countries. Since its inception, the program has granted twenty-nine scholarships, each worth over £50,000, to deserving individuals.
Recipients of the AIG Scholarships embark on a transformative journey at one of the world’s leading universities, the University of Oxford. They receive valuable knowledge from eminent academic faculty and experienced practitioners.
Furthermore, AIG Scholarships recipients will get to interact with other ambitious public sector leaders from around the globe, fostering cross-cultural understanding and collaboration.
About Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation
Founded in 2020, the Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation was established by Aigboje and his wife Ofovwe Aig-Imoukhuede. The foundation was designed to administer the Aig-Imoukhuede family’s portfolio of philanthropic activities.
As a banker, an investor, and a philanthropist, Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede oversees a portfolio of multibillion-dollar investments while also a co-founder of the Tengen Family Office in the following fields; banking, finance, insurance, technology, real estate, and energy.
The Foundation serves as the driving force behind the AIG Scholarships Program. It is dedicated to empowering African youth by providing access to quality education and professional development opportunities.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens currently working in the public sector, specifically in Ministries, Departments, Agencies, and Parastatals, at either the Federal or State level.
- Candidates should be between 25 and 45 years of age and possess a minimum of seven years of combined private and public sector work experience.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree (second-class upper minimum qualification)
Benefits of the AIG Scholarships
- Recipients of the AIG Scholarships receive comprehensive financial assistance covering tuition fees, living expenses, and a stipend for a summer project.
- AIG Scholars are provided with extensive coaching and mentoring support, which aids them in making the most of their academic experience at Oxford and shaping their future careers.
- The program ensures that AIG Scholars receive full support in planning their career development paths and accessing opportunities aligned with their interests, leveraging the knowledge acquired during their time at Oxford.
- AIG Scholars have the opportunity to undertake summer placements that enhance their knowledge and expertise in their chosen fields while expanding their global networks.
AIG Scholarship Schedule 2024/2025
The application process for the AIG Scholarships Program 2024/2025 follows a structured timeline:
- Monday, 31 July 2023: Admissions open for the 2024 intake
- Friday, 15 September 2023: Deadline for AIG Scholarships Submissions
- September 23, 2023: Computer-Based Tests
- October 5 – 12, 2023: Essay Submissions
- October 25 – 30, 2023: Video Interviews
- December 2023: Final Selections
- Friday 5 January 2024: Deadline for Master of Public Policy (MPP) Applications
- May 2024: Pre-departure Orientation
Application Process for the AIG Scholarship 2024-25
To apply for the 2024/2025 AIG Scholarships, interested candidates can visit the official website at: aigimoukhuedefoundation.roundstone.solutions/register
The application involves providing essential details such as the applicant’s name, last name, email address, and the creation of a password.
Who is eligible for the AIG Scholarships Program?
To be eligible, applicants must be Nigerian citizens working in the public sector, aged between 25 and 45 years, with at least seven years of combined private and public sector work experience, and hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a second-class upper qualification.
What kind of support do AIG Scholars receive during their time at Oxford?
AIG Scholars receive extensive coaching and mentoring to make the most of their academic experience and plan their career development. They also undertake summer placements to gain additional knowledge and experience in their areas of interest.
More Related Content
- AIG Public Leaders Programme 2023 for African Leaders – Apply Now
- Is the Insurance Sector a Good Career?
- Oxford MBA Business School Application for 2023-2024
- Oxford University Executive Diploma Scholarship For Women 2023/2024 In UK (Up £10,000 For Tuition)
- Oxford Executive Diploma Scholarship 2023 In UK – APPLY NOW!