The AERC Masters Scholarship is now available to interested individuals. The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is an institution that aims to promote economic policy research and training in Africa.
One of the ways in which the institution seeks to achieve this goal is by offering Masters’s Scholarships to African students from Anglophone countries who are interested in pursuing research-oriented careers in economics.
Background of AERC Masters Scholarship
The AERC Masters Scholarship was first introduced in 1988 as a way to address the shortage of well-trained economists in Africa. Since then, the scholarship has helped many African students pursue postgraduate studies in economics and related fields, enabling them to make meaningful contributions to the economic development of their countries.
Participating AERC Collaborative Masters Programme (CMAP) in Economics Universities include:
- Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- University of Botswana
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Cape Coast, Ghana
- University of Ghana, Legon
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Mauritius
- University of Namibia
- University of Malawi
- University of Zimbabwe
- Makerere University
Eligibility Criteria for the AERC Masters Scholarship Program
To be eligible for the AERC Masters Scholarship, applicants must:
- Have already applied and been admitted to any one of the above listed Collaborative Masters Programme (CMAP) universities;
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum of a Second Class Honors (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics or a related field from an accredited university
- Highly encouraged to apply include Women and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states
- Be citizens of an Anglophone African country.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in economics or related fields with at least an upper second-class honors or its equivalent.
- Have a demonstrable interest in pursuing a research-oriented career in economics.
- Meet the admission criteria of the university where they intend to pursue their Masters’s degree.
Application Process for the AERC Masters Scholarship Program 2023
The application process for the AERC Masters Scholarship typically involves the following steps:
- Interested and Qualified applicants must first submit their applications for admission directly to the respective universities
- Once the student receives an admission letter from a specific university, he/she is expected to upload the required documents listed below to the AERC scholarship portal at: training.aercafrica.org/admissionnew
- Successful applicants will be notified and provided with further details on how to proceed with their application to the university of their choice.
Benefits of the AERC Masters Scholarship
The AERC Masters Scholarship provides several benefits to successful applicants, including:
- Full tuition fees for the duration of the Masters program.
- Monthly stipend
- Research and training support.
- Opportunities for networking and career development.
Documents Required for Application
- Application cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Proof of admission at any of the CMAP universities and
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates.
May 10, 2023.
The AERC Masters Scholarship provides a great opportunity for African students from Anglophone countries to pursue postgraduate studies in economics and related fields.
The scholarship has a long-standing history of supporting research-oriented careers in economics and has helped many African students contribute to the economic development of their countries.
More Related Content
- Top 10 Online Universities USA – Studying Online has been Made Remarkably Easy!
- International Conference on Trade, Business, Economics, and Law
- Highest Paying Jobs for Economics Majors
- American University Online Program Scholarship
- DAAD 2022 Masters Scholarships in Agricultural Economics for African Students
- Best Double Majors for Business – Benefits of Double Majoring for Business