The American College of Surgeons Division of Education and International Relations Committee, are inviting eligible Candidates for the ACS International Scholarships for Surgical Education 2024. The two international scholarships will focus on surgical education with up to $10,000 awarded.
Each of these financial awards gives young faculty members from non-US and non-Canadian nations the chance to take part in a range of educational programs for faculty development and enhancement, which will lead to the acquisition of new knowledge and abilities in surgical education and training.
The home institution and nation of the scholar will benefit from these skills and knowledge in terms of improved surgical education and training.
ACS International Scholarships for Surgical Education – Details
Surgical Education: Principles and Practice, as well as additional plenary sessions and courses that address surgical education and training across the continuum of professional growth, will be offered during the ACS Clinical Congress, where the two scholars will be attending.
After the Clinical Congress, with a study and interaction plan customized to their specific education-based focus, the scholars will visit suitable Level I ACS-Accredited Education Institutes or similarly recognized and established centres. These centers are usually found at sizable academic hospitals, which may also give the scholars access to clinical settings that interest them.
Following the Clinical Congress and their visits to appropriate institutions, each scholar will submit a brief report to the International Relations Committee and the ACS Division of Education detailing the scholarship results, with a particular emphasis on achieving the goals specified in their scholarship application.
Benefits of ACS International Scholarships for Surgical Education
A $10,000 stipend is awarded for each scholarship, covering the cost of courses taken at the Clinical Congress and the centre (s) to be visited, as well as travel and lodging expenses while in the United States.
Free registration for the Clinical Congress will be offered, along with help in securing affordable lodging in the Clinical Congress city. Boston, Massachusetts will host the Clinical Congress in 2024.
Requirements for ACS International Scholarships for Surgical Education
- Candidates must be medical school graduates.
- Candidates must be under 45 but at least 30 years old when the application is submitted.
- Applications must be submitted from the applicant’s planned permanent address.
- Only when applicants have completed all official training, including fellowships and scholarships, and have been practising surgery and teaching for a minimum of five years, will their applications be processed.
- A completed online application form that can be found on the College’s website must be submitted by applicants. The application and any supporting documents have to be submitted in English. Sending in just a curriculum vitae is not appropriate.
- Three (3) independently written recommendation letters from colleagues are required of applicants. One letter must come from the chair of the department in which the scholar holds an academic position. And must show proof that the home institution’s leadership supports the scholar’s goals. The individuals offering the recommendations should personally submit recommendation letters.
- It is required to use the International Scholarships for Surgical Education during the year that they are awarded. They can’t wait to happen.
- After returning home, awardees are required to submit a written report outlining. The significance of the visit to them as well as any potential advantages for patients back home.
How to Apply
- Qualified Candidates should Go to the American College of Surgeons on login. facs.org to apply
- To be considered eligible by the selection committee, Candidates must fulfil the requirements. In addition, the supporting documents must be received by the International Administrator. No later than January 15, 2024, for attendance at Clinical Congress 2024.
- For more details, visit the ACS website
January 15, 2024.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- ACS Principal Investigator Development in Sustainability Grant 2023-2024 (Cash prize of $50,000) | APPLY NOW
- Surgeon Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in USA – APPLY NOW
- Highest Paying Surgery Jobs
- 15 Highest Paying Jobs in the UK
- ACS/COSECSA 2023 Women Surgical Residents Scholarship for African Students – How to Apply!