The Abel Visiting Scholar Program is a fully funded opportunity for scholars from the developing world. It offers scholars the chance to visit an international research collaborator for one month, allowing them to enhance their research capabilities while working with renowned mentors and researchers from around the world.
This program aims to foster an environment of innovation and creative thinking, encouraging scholars to explore novel research techniques and achieve remarkable research outcomes. The Program addresses the lack of funding opportunities for mathematicians in the developing world and offers them a fully funded opportunity to continue their post-doctoral research on an international stage.
Abel Visiting Scholar Program 2024
The program is specifically designed for post-doctoral mathematicians in the early stages of their careers. It provides them with the opportunity for a research sabbatical, allowing them to focus solely on their research in collaboration with international institutions and mentors.
The Abel Visiting Scholar Program offers three grants a year for one month each, giving eligible scholars the chance to apply multiple times in a year for this fully funded opportunity.
To be eligible for the Abel Visiting Scholar Program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be based in a developing country at the time of application.
- The candidate must hold a Ph.D. at the time of application submission.
- The candidate must hold a position in a university or research institution. They must not be full-time professionals but should be working on a contract in any university or college.
- Must be early professionals of 35 years maximum. However, candidates with a broken career pattern can have up to 3 years of age relaxation and must provide proof of the career gap.
- Applicants must have already initiated research contact with the proposed international research partners.
- Women mathematicians are highly encouraged to apply for this program.
Application Process for the Abel Visiting Scholar Program 2024
The application process for the Abel Visiting Scholar Program involves the following steps:
- Online Application: Candidates are required to submit their applications through the online application portal at: https://www.mathunion.org
- Research Proposal: Applicants must provide a detailed research proposal along with the list of researchers they wish to collaborate with during the program.
- Employment Status Statement: Candidates must submit a signed and stamped statement from their current employer, indicating their employment status and position in the home institution. The statement must be in the required format as specified by the program.
- Tentative Budget Form: Applicants need to fill out a tentative budget form detailing the estimated expenses for the research program.
- For more details, kindly visit the official website at: https://www.mathunion.org/cdc/grants/research-travel-grants/abel-visiting-scholar-program
All the required documents, including
- An updated CV
- Research Statement
- An official invitation from the international research partner institution
- letter of recommendation
- Ph.D. certificate, and
- Budget estimation
The above-listed documents should be merged into a single PDF file for uploading on the online application form.
Benefits of the Program
The Abel Visiting Scholar Program offers several benefits to successful candidates:
- The program covers economy class airfare from the applicant’s work to the host’s location.
- The organization pays for rail or bus transport between the airport and the candidate’s headquarters or host institution. Up to four taxi fares (with receipts) can also be covered for travel between home and the airport/railway station.
- If needed, the grant can cover one night each for both arrival and departure.
- The grant can cover visa fees and travel insurance.
- A daily allowance based on living costs is provided. If meals are included in the accommodation, the daily amount will be reduced.
- The grant covers the cost associated with accommodation in the host country.
Deadlines for Applications
For the Abel Visiting Scholar Program in 2024, the following application deadlines apply:
The Application Deadline for visits between January 1 and April 30, 2024: is August 31, 2023, while visit between May 1 and August 31, 2024, is December 31, 2023.
More Related Content
- Abel Visiting Scholar Program – Mathematics Ph.D. Scholars in Developing Countries 2022
- Six Easy Steps to Make Your Brand Global – Easy Steps for a Successful Brand Building
- Dating on Facebook Group: Facebook Dating Groups | Facebook Dating App
- Facebook Marketplace Books Films and Music: Facebook Marketplace | Facebook Marketplace Listing
- Harvard Academy Scholars Program 2023/2024 – APPLY NOW