AARP is a nonprofit and nonpartisan platform that allows people to choose how they live as they age. It offers solid rewards for those who spend a lot on medical expenses but unfortunately do not have a 0% introductory APR period on purchases.
AARP Barclays credit card does not have an introductory APR on new purchases, and this can be a major drawback for those hoping to pay off a large medical expense with the card. But if you have debt to pay on another credit card, the AARP credit card gives 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first 15 months, but you have to transfer your balance in the first 45 days. After which, a variable APR of 21.99%, 25.99%, or 29.99% will apply, based on your creditworthiness, and also a 5% or $5 balance transfer fee, whichever is greater.
About AARP Barclays Credit Card
This credit card is unique in the sense that instead of offering an enhanced earning rate on common categories such as travel or dining purchases, the card focuses its rewards program on health expenses. The credit card earns 3% cash back on gas and drugstore purchases, it does not include Target and Walmart, 2% cash back on qualifying medical expenses, and 1% back on other purchases.
New cardholders are also qualified for $100 cash back after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening. Furthermore, Barclays donates $10 to the AARP Foundation for every new account. These donations do not stop at account opening, Barclays also donates 1% of eligible purchases to the AARP Foundation as well.
How to Make Payment for Your AARP Barclays Credit Card
Are you thinking of how to pay for your AARP Barclays credit card? There are several ways you can make a payment, here is a simple guide to help you out.
You can make a payment through online banking if you are registered already. The payment can be made in three steps, but first, you have to go to the ‘pay and transfer’ menu on your online banking homepage and then choose the ‘make a payment’ link.
- The first step is to fill in your payment details. Your payment details will be available on your payee list if you have made a payment through its online banking before. But if you have not, you will need PINsentry, it could be the card reader or Mobile PINsentry and also the bank details for the payment. Note that you will be asked to type a reference, so you will use your Barclaycard card number as your payment reference.
- Next, you confirm your details. You have to ensure your details are accurate before you confirm the payment
- After that, you will see a screen confirming the details of your payment, this also includes the expected time it will take to get to the account.
Through Your Mobile Phone
You can make payment through your mobile phone by calling customer service, but you will need a Barclay card sort code and account number. You also need to list your Barclay card number as the payment reference.
Visiting a branch
Barclay credit card bills can be paid over the counter in any of their branches or at their ATMs across the UK as long as you have your Barclaycard statement. If you want to use the ATM, follow the steps below.
- First, you insert your debit card into the ATM.
- Then you enter your PIN.
- choose ‘Pay Bill’ from the menu (it might be shown under ‘Other Services’).
- Next, you will be instructed to scan the QR code from your statement under the reader.
- After the ATM has read your QR code, it will display a screen showing the bill payment details like the payee’s name, reference number, and minimum payment. At this stage, you can change the payment amount, but it must be at least £1.
- After confirming your payment, you will receive a receipt containing a bill payment reference number.
To pay the Barclay credit card through its app, follow the steps below.
- First, log in to the app and select the Barclay account you would like to pay.
- Then, choose ‘Make a payment’ from this screen and enter the payment amount.
- Choose the account or debit card you like to make the payment from
- Then select ‘Pay’.
AARP Barclays Credit Card Advantages
Here are some of its advantages.
- Barclays credit card rewards medical purchases. It is not common for the credit card rewards category, but the elevated cash back that is earned on medical spending can remove the burden of health care.
- Barclays donates $10 to the AARP Foundation upon account opening. thereafter, 1% of eligible purchases are donated to the AARP Foundation.
- You can redeem your rewards in your bank account since they are earned as cash back, then you use the money however you want, or you can put your rewards toward covering an AARP membership.
What You Need to Know About AARP Barclays Credit Card Payment
After knowing the advantages of this card and you are considering using it, here is what you need to know about it.
- AARP Barclays Credit Card rewards do not expire as long as you keep your account open and in good standing.
- You can purchase an AARP membership for yourself or give one as a gift to others with your cash rewards.
- The amount of cashback you can earn as long as your account is open and in good standing has no limit.
- AARP Barclays credit card offers an introductory 0% APR on balance transfers for 15 months starting from the time you open your account. But to qualify for this, you will need to complete your balance transfer within 45 days of opening your account and pay a 5% balance transfer fee (minimum $5). After the intro period is over, a balance transfer APR of 18.99% to 27.99% will apply.
- If you want to avoid paying interest, you will have to pay off your purchase balance in full every month because the card’s variable purchase APR of 18.99% to 27.99% applies right away.
Who Is the AARP Barclays Credit Card Good For
This cash-back credit card is good for people who are AARP enthusiasts and people who appreciate cash back on spending categories like drugstores, gas, and medical expenses. Persons who can also pay off their balances on time and in full each payment cycle to avoid interest can also use this credit card.
More Related Content
- AARP Life Insurance Premium – How to Apply AARP Life Insurance
- AARP Auto Insurance – Get the Best Insurance Service Provision at AARP
- www.barclaycardus.com/activate – Activate, Login your Barclay Card Online
- Medicare Supplement Insurance – Login In to your Account at www.medicare.gov
- oldnavy.barclaysus.com – Navy Master Card Application, Login or Activate