5 Easy Steps To Grow Fresh Herbs At Home. Herbs are very essential components of every food we eat and it isn’t a bad idea to grow your herbs yourself. So, if you spend a lot of time at home and you are looking for a fun activity or a new hobby, why not grow herbs.
5 Easy Steps To Grow Fresh Herbs At Home
You don‘t need a special farm or a large garden to grow herbs. You can grow your herbs in the comfort of your home without much stress and tools. So, you don‘t need to do complex farm activities like making ridges, weeding, massive manuring, etc. You can even get the kids involved in this activity.
How To Plant Herbs Indoors
As I said, there isn‘t much stress in growing herbs. Just follow these few steps.
- Get some pots: Choosing pots for herbs to grow in must be done according to certain principles. First off, the material of the pot should be considered. You must choose that which will allow excess water to flow out. Every container or planter must provide enough drainage which is why most planting materials have holes in them.
Also, you should consider the size of the planter. Don‘t choose a pot that is too big for the herb you want to plant or else your plant will spend too much energy growing its root.
- Choose your herbs: Your choice of herbs should depend on their ease to grow, type of soil available, growth rate, weather condition, etc.
Easiest Herbs To Grow For Beginners
Below is a list of the easiest herbs to grow.
- Oregano (Greek)
- Parsely (Flat leaf)
- Use starter plants instead of seeds: To save time and increase your chance of successful harvest, it is advisable to use starter plants instead of seeds.
- Use the right soil type: Soil type is a very important factor in growing herbs. It is advisable to use potting soil rather than garden soil for the planting stage because of its ability to drain moisture.
- Care and harvesting: The overall care of the plant before harvesting should not be overlooked. Your plant will need to be watered regularly and harvested regularly too.
Finally, growing your own herbs indoors is not a very big deal as it is very easy to do. You just have to be very careful to do everything stated in this article and you will get the best results.