What is the Yahoo account manager? With the term ‘yahoo account manager’, does it mean that there is a personal manager attached to each account on the yahoo platform? Well, a lot of questions might be going through your mind right now. But the only thing that matters is what this term is all about and how it is applicable to the yahoo platform. if you would love to find out what the yahoo account manager is all about, here is a chance and one that you shouldn’t miss for anything in the world. But before I go any further to explain what the yahoo account manager is, here is a taste of what it is to come. Yahoo account manager is a yahoo account feature.
Yahoo Account Manager
The term yahoo account simply refers to how best you can manage your account on yahoo. And in this article, I will be writing about the yahoo account key feature of the platform. What then is the yahoo account key? Yahoo account key is a more secure way to keep your account on the platform. Yahoo account key or the account key feature rather on this platform is more like the two-step verification you all know about. But this very feature is different in so many ways and in a bit, I will be explaining to you how you can successfully make use of it.
Yahoo Account Key
Are you tired of remembering various passwords on the yahoo platform? if you are then you need to start making use of the yahoo account key feature. Just as established already in the latter aspects of this article, the account key is a more secure form of keeping your account secured and safe. Instead of using a password to login to your account on yahoo, the account key lets you use your mobile phone. Are you surprised? I bet you haven’t heard of this feature before. Well, this feature has been adopted by many platforms before and is still making use of this feature. One very popular platform that has adopted this very feature if the Google mail platform.
With the yahoo account key feature you don’t need your password to login to your account on the platform. Once you have successfully enabled this feature on your account, yahoo sends you a notification to a mobile device of your choice. All you need to do then is to make a tap on your phone for permission. With this, no one can get access to your yahoo account.
How To Set Up Yahoo Account Key From A Web Browser
Setting up an account key on your mobile device is easy. All you need to do is to keep close attention to every piece of detail and information that will be shared here. Before you get started with setting up an account key on your mobile device, you will need to have at least one yahoo app installed on your mobile device, and also you have to sign in to the yahoo app. To get started with setting up an account key on your mobile device, follow the steps below;
- Go to the yahoo account security page here.
- Tap on the see how it works option.
- Next, you will have to select the app and mobile device you would love to be notified of.
- Tap on ‘send me a notification’ on the next page or pop up. A notification will be sent to the app you selected.
- Tap the approve icon on your mobile device.
- Go back to your web browser and tap always use yahoo account key.
- Lastly, you will have to confirm your mobile phone number. This will be used in the event that you lose access to your mobile device.
How To Sign In With Account Key
In order for the account key to work properly, you will need to be signed in to a yahoo app on your said mobile device. To sign in with the account key;
- Go to Yahoo login.
- Enter your login ID and click on next. A notification will then be sent to your mobile device where the account key is enabled.
- Tap on the notification or open the app and tap on the account key on your mobile device.
- Tap on the approve icon.
You may be prompted to enter a verification code to confirm.
Disable Yahoo Account Key
Just in case you are tired of this feature, you can turn it off and return back to using passwords. To disable the account key feature from a web browser;
- Go to the yahoo account security page here.
- Next to the yahoo account key, click on the manage button.
- Next, click the disable key tab. You will find this tab at the bottom of the screen and this will prompt you to switch back to the password.
- You can however choose to toggle to the right to any device you want to turn on or off.
To disable account key from a yahoo mobile app;
- From the app, you enabled the account key, tap the menu icon.
- Tap the account key icon.
- Next, select the manage account key and then tap disable account key. You will find this button at the bottom of the screen and this will make you switch back o using passwords.
You can also choose to toggle to the right of any device you want to turn on or off. This is optional though.