Finally, the very much anticipated Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 smartphone device has been launched. This smartphone device is now available on most markets for purchase. Now the question here is this. Did the Xiaomi redmi note 9 live up to its expectation and all the hype it was getting before its launch and availability? In an era where smartphones are put on the market every time. One can clearly see that the market is a very competitive one. Therefore before a company can put a thing in the market and compete with the biggest in the game, it has got to be something special and really good. Here is a Xiaomi redmi note 9 review. If you would love to know how this device fares when compared with the best in the game, then you need to read this piece.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Review
These days most smartphone devices focus on specific areas whenever they want to introduce something to the market. Have you ever wondered about the reason for this? The business and market is a very competitive one. Therefore anything you are putting out there needs to be very special. It in fact has to be something that has never been seen before. You can’t just bring something that has been on the ground already. If this is your mindset and you are expecting your product to be on the same level as the game elites, then you have got it all wrong.
According to a verdict by TechRadar, the redmi note 9 from Xiaomi focuses more on battery life and photography. As mentioned already, most companies pick out an area of focus when making productions with the focus and priority of this phone; you will get yourself a budget smartphone that is actually more than what it costs. However, design and performances are taking the shine out o this one. But with this device showing wins occasionally in areas where other devices like the moto G8 fails, make it a very good alternative.
This device has got a great battery life, a strong camera for a price as low as what it is being sold and the screen is still LCD but large and bright. The negatives however of this device is that it has got a plastic and hefty design something that is not very prominent in the market anymore. Also, it has a mediocre performance. And although it has the MIUI 12 that is much improved, it is still not perfect.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Specs And Pricing
By now you probably should have known much about this device. But in this paragraph and others, I will be more specific with the specs of this device. To therefore get a close-up look with this device, continue reading;
- Technology – GSM / HSPA / LTE.
- Dimensions – 162.3 X 77.2 X 8.9 mm (6.39 X 3.04 X 0.35 in).
- Weight – 199g (7.02 0z).
- Build – glass front (gorilla glass 5), plastic frame, and plastic back.
- SIM – dual SIM (Nano sim and dual stand by) water repellent coating.
- Type – IPS LCD, 450 nits (type)
- Size – 6.53 inches, 104.7 cm square (83.5% screen to body ratio).
- Resolution – 1080 x2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (395 ppi density).
- Protection – corning gorilla glass 5.
- OS – Android 10, MIUI 12.
- Chipset – media Tek helio G85 (12nm).
- CPU – Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex – A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex – A55).
- GPU – mali G52 MC2.
- Card slot – micros SDXC (dedicated slot).
- Internal – 64GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM.
- Quad – 48 MP, f/1.8, 26 mm (wide), ½.0”, o.8um, PDAF.
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 118^0 (ultra wide), ¼.0”, 1.12um.
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro), AF.
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth).
- Features – LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- Video – [email protected]
- Single – 13 MP, f/2.3, 29mm (standard), 1/3.1”, 1.12um.
- Features – HDR, panorama.
- Video – [email protected]
- Presence of loudspeaker – affirmative.
- Presence of 3.5mm jack – affirmative.
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual band, Wi-Fi direct, hotspot.
- Bluetooth – 5.0, A2DP, LE.
- GPS – affirmative with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, and BDS.
- NFC – yes (market/region dependent) M2003J15SG (yes), M2003J15SS (no).
- Infrared port – affirmative.
- Radio – FM radio, built-in antenna.
- USB – USB Type-C 2.0.
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted), gyro, accelerometer, proximity, and compass.
- Type – Li-Po 5020 mAh non-removable.
- Charging – 18W fats charging, 9W reverse charging.
- Colors – midnight grey, polar white, and forest green.
- Models – M2003J15SC, M2003J15SG, M2003J15SS.
- SAR – 0.84 W/kg (head) 0.90 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU – 0.80 W/kg (head) 1.14 W/kg (body)
- Performance – AnTuTu: 200414 (v8), GeekBench: 1292 (v5.1)
- Display – contrast ratio: 1242:1 (nominal).
- Camera – photo/video.
- Loudspeaker – -30.1 LUFS (below average).
- Battery life – endurance rating 125h.
These are the specifications of the Redmi note 9. Now is the redmi note 9 by Xiaomi worth it? You should get this device for yourself if you have a BPD 200 budget and you want to priorities the device camera over any other thing. If you also want your phone device to last in terms of battery strength, you should also go for it. Lastly, if you want more media playing options, then you should definitely get the Redmi note 9.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a more premium design, then you should look elsewhere. If you like your android clean, then this device is not for you. And lastly, if you are looking for a very good performer for a price as low as $200, you should look elsewhere.