The world is on a fast track, like a moving train and everyone has to move with it or get left behind. With the world being more digital, new ways to do things online and fast are being discovered. WorldRemit is no different. WorldRemit is a fast and secure service that lets you transfer money online using a computer, smartphone, or the WorldRemit application. WorldRemit has made it easier for you to send money to friends and family. With WorldRemit, you can rest assured of getting your money conveniently, quickly, securely, and at the best exchange rates. In this article, there would be guides on how to use it, send money, and make exchanges.
WorldRemit was founded in 2010 by Ismail Ahmed, with Catherine Wines and Richard Igoe as co-founders and it all started out in London. The headquarters is in London, United Kingdom. The company, WorldRemit has Breon Corcoran as the CEO and Ismail Ahmed as the Executive Chairman.
The company provides worldwide services as it can transfer money to different countries in different currencies and has over one thousand employees. WorldRemit has affiliation to several banks all over the world and this affiliation makes it easy for the transfer of money to be received directly into the account of the recipient.
Over the year, since its creation, the company has grown to service about four million customers worldwide with various options of service for sending transfers to loved ones overseas. With these options, it has become very convenient to send money and to receive it. These service options include:
- Bank deposit/ transfer.
- Mobile money and,
- Cash pickup.
Some other services that WorldRemit offers are as follows.
- Airtime top-up.
- Door-to-door services.
- Bill payments.
The company also has regional hubs all around the world. Some of these regional hubs can be found in the Philippines, the United States, Nigerian, Poland, and Cameroon. To access the services that this company can provide, you have to first create an account with WorldRemit.
There are charges or fees to be paid for every money transfer transaction. The fees are totally dependent on the country you are sending from to the country you are sending to. These charges or fees can be paid for via card (debit, credit and prepaid), bank transfer, Poli, Interac, iDEAL, Klarna, Apple Pay, Trustly.
In the creation of your WorldRemit online account, very few basic details are required alongside your bank details. Signing up for WorldRemit services can be done via the webpage or the application with your PC and mobile phones.
- Go to WorldRemit on your browser to load the official WorldRemit website page.
- Click on “Get Started”. This would take you to the login page. This step is for those using the application.
- Click on “Sign up” in the login page and the sign-up page would be displayed.
- Choose the country you are sending from.
- Type in your name, your active email address, and a preferred secured password.
- Then click on “Register”. At this point, you can make use of a two-way authentication pin, face recognition or touch ID for added security to your WorldRemit account.
- On the registration page, click on “Get Started” to include your date of birth, phone number, gender, and your address.
- Click on save and you will receive a text message to show that your WorldRemit online account has be updated.
Now, your WorldRemit account is ready for your first transaction. Note that if you have been referred to WorldRemit by someone, you can include your referral code but this is totally optional. However, signing up through the application would require you downloading the application. This can be done through the Google Play Store or Apple Store for both Android mobile phones and iOS mobile phones.
Logging in to your account is quite easy. Before, you are able to log in you must have signed up for it, if you have not, check out the steps to sign up above to guide you in doing so. For the WorldRemit log in process do the following.
- Open the webpage on your browser or application on your mobile device.
- Click on the “Log in” option.
- Impute your email address used and the password used in the creation of the account.
Doing this carefully and correctly, logs you into your WorldRemit account.
The bank deposit and transfer are grouped in the same category. This is because making a bank transfer directly from your bank to another’s is called transfer and the recipient called it a deposit. WorldRemit has got you covered on this.
This service allows you to make a transfer from your bank account directly into bank accounts of family and friends anywhere in the world. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Log in to your WorldRemit account.
- Select the country you want to send money to.
- Select how you want to send the money.
- Enter the amount of money to be sent. The fees charged for the transaction and the exchange rate
- Enter your recipient details. These details are usually their bank account details, full names, phone number, address, and email. You can also save these details to avoid re-entering them when making another transfer to that account.
- Pay for the transfer charges.
- Confirm your payment.
That’s it. The transfer is done without stress.
Cash pickup is a transfer option offered by WorldRemit. In this option, the recipient can instantly collect physical cash from a supported location within WorldRemit’s local partner network. Firstly, you have to check if WorldRemit has a sub-regional location where recipients can go and get cash from.
When transferring money to a particular country, if the cash pickup is available it would be displayed alongside other transfer options. Where the cash pickup option is not available, you can opt for other options and your transaction would be completed in the time framed given.
A recipient of the cash pickup transfer would need a valid photo ID supplied on the transaction and transaction reference that would be sent to the recipient by SMS when the payment is available. Your recipient would not be charged by WorldRemit when collecting money as cash.
The WorldRemit mobile money service is likened unto an electronic wallet services. Mobile money is an alternative to bank accounts. Money can be stored in the mobile money wallet and the money can be used from the wallet to sort out other online bills and online transactions. With the WorldRemit mobile money, you can;
- Pay bills.
- Shop online.
- Pay for school fees.
- Top-up airtime.
- Make cash withdrawals at authorized agents and,
- Send money to another person.
The mobile money wallet is loaded by making a transfer from your bank account into your WorldRemit wallet.
The airtime top-up service by WorldRemit is a payment made by WorldRemit to send mobile recharge to a recipient’s pre-paid mobile phone call plan. The airtime top-up can be done for others too. The top-up is usually instant and the amount of airtime to be topped up by a WorldRemit user is totally dependent on the amount available by the service provider. However, the airtime top-up option is not available for every region.
This door-to-door service is a delivery plan from WorldRemit. This plan collects payment which is the delivery fee from you the sender to deliver physical cash to your recipient’s home address. To make the delivery complete, your recipient must present a valid ID that matches the details of the transaction and the WorldRemit transaction reference number to receive the cash.
The time of delivery depends on the country where the cash is being delivered to. There are no extra charges applied to the recipient in other to collect or receive the money from the delivery agent. This is because all the expenses have already been paid for by the sender. This door-to-door delivery is available in Vietnam.
WorldRemit Wallet which is a digital wallet is an account in the WorldRemit app that allows you to easily store, send, or receive money. With the WorldRemit wallet, you can store your money, but with even more features and security. The WorldRemit Wallet is a multi-currency Wallet. A WorldRemit can open one or several currency accounts that best serve and suit your needs.
Tracking your transfer is a service offered by WorldRemit. You can track your transfer until it gets to its recipient’s destination. This tracking service keeps you in the know of your transaction and you get notified when your transfer finally gets to the destination of the recipient.
The exchange rate in WorldRemit comes in to play when you have to make a transfer from one currency to another. While making your transfer, you would be given the exchange rate too. You can confirm your transfer if you agree to the exchange rate. The exchange however is not definite or particular due to fluctuation of the economy and the rise and fall of the stock market.
Countries You Can Send Money From and To With WorldRemit
As earlier mentioned, you can send money from several countries and to other different countries in different currencies using WorldRemit. This is one thing that makes WorldRemit so popular and flexible to use.
The WorldRemit transfer of cash can be done from over 50 countries. Some of the countries where you can send from are;
- South Africa.
- United States of America.
- Hong Kong, China.
- Saudi Arabia.
- South Korea.
- United Arab Emirates.
- New Zealand.
- Czech Republic.
- United Kingdom.
- Saudi Arabia.
The countries you can send money to via WorldRemit are;
- Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo- Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somaliland, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Americas: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, St Lucia, Turks And Caicos, Uruguay, USA.
- Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Georgia, Hong Kong, China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam.
- Australia-New Zealand: Australia, Fiji, New Zealand.
- Europe: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
- Middle East: Bahrain, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates.
This is the list of all the countries you can send money from and to using WorldRemit.
Reasons To Choose WorldRemit
There are several reasons to choose WorldRemit for your money transactions. There are some guaranties WorldRemit gives that makes them trustworthy. The guaranties are that WorldRemit is;
- Simple: in using WorldRemit for money transfers and transactions, you do not need to visit an agent. It is very accessible from your smartphones or PC and can send money to over one hundred countries and in about ninety currencies.
- Safe: WorldRemit is an industry-leading technology and it uses it to protect your money and guarantees it safely arrives at the recipient’s destination every time.
- Fast: the transactions done on WorldRemit are very fast. Over 90% of the transactions on there are authorized in minutes.
- Low-cost: the fees or charges on WorldRemit are relatively low. The best exchange rates upfront are offered on WorldRemit and there are no hidden costs.