The Woods Hole Internship program 2022 in the United States is open for application from students globally.
International Students from any country around the world are eligible to apply for Woods Hole Summer Internship Program 2022. Students at the undergraduate level can apply for this Internship as well.
However, preference is given to students studying in any of the fields of science or engineering including but not limited to the fields of biology, chemistry, engineering, geology, geophysics, mathematics, meteorology, physics, oceanography, and marine policy.
About Woods Hole Internship 2022
The selection process for this internship is focused on the applicant’s previous academic and scientific achievements, interests, and promises. Woods Hole Internship program duration is flexible, hence, students are expected to arrive between the end of May and to middle of June.
The Woods Hole Internship will be offered to a total number of 25 to 30 fellows in let summer although this varies each year.
This internship program seeks to provide outstanding students with a meaningful first-hand introduction to research in oceanography, oceanographic engineering, or marine policy
Summary of the Woods Hole Internship 2022 in the USA
The details of this internship are stated below:
- Program Duration: 10-12 Weeks
- Internship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Nationality: International countries
- Award country: United States
- Financial Benefits: The Woods Hole Internship 2022 in the United States for International Students is a paid Internship Program which will cover all the expenses given below:
- Fellows will be paid a Weekly Stipend for the 10 to 12 Week Program. Last year’s stipend was $650 Per Week
- Round-Trip Travel to Woods Hole will be covered. Allowance for travel for 2020 is $700.
- Fellows will be provided with a Shared-Room in a shared unit, with two single beds per room.
- International Students Applicants will assist fellowships in obtaining the necessary J-1 Visa paperwork.
Eligible Fields for Woods Hole Internship 2022
Preference is given to students studying in any of the fields of Science or Engineering, including the following fields;
- Marine Policy.
Requirements for Wood Hole Internship 2022
Interested Applicants should take note of the following eligibility criteria before applying for the internship
- The internship program is open to all International Students of any Nationality.
- 3rd Year Undergraduate Students can apply
- Students who are due to graduate before the commencement of the fellowship are not eligible to apply.
- UK Students in a three-year Bachelor’s Degree Program must be in their second year
- Candidate in a five-year combined Bachelor/Master’s Degree Program must be in the third year of the program.
Ensure to make available the documents below during the application process
- Updated CV or resume
- An unofficial transcript (PDF document)
- Three letters of recommendation from professors. (You can find the Recommendation forms through the link on the References page.)
- Personal Statement
The Application Process for Woods Hole Internship 2022
- The application process for Woods Hole Internship 2022 in the United States is online
- The Link for Application Form link is given below: https://cis.whoi.edu/Administration/education/ssf/AppSubmitForm.cfm
You may also visit the official webpage below for information: https://www.whoi.edu/what-we-do/educate/undergraduate-programs/summer-student-fellowship/ssf-admissions/