What apps are compatible with Slack? Do you know? If you are one of the many people who still do not know the number of apps that are compatible with slack, then this post is a must-read for you.
What Apps are Compatible With Slack
Slack as you should already know by now is one of the most important business tools in the 21st century. If you run a business that major deals online with customers and also connects customers with the information they need, then making use of the services of slack is a big plus to you.
For those persons who still do not know ‘what is slack’, here it is. Slack simply is a messaging app that is used by various businesses in connecting people to the information that they need. Slack has transformed the way organizations and companies now communicate by bringing people together to work as a simple and unified team.
Using the services of slack is very beneficial and advantageous to the people and businesses that use it. Slack as a business application helps you to work in a more flexible, connected, and inclusive way. If you have made use of this business tool before then you should know what I mean.
With slack, you can easily access, connect and collaborate with your colleagues. You get to message anyone that is within and outside your organization just as you would in person. Slack offers dedicated spaces known as channels where people can work and bring together the right people and information as the platform also supports an asynchronous type of work.
With channels and when work is organized in them, no matter the time zone you are in location, or function, you can easily get access to the information that you need on your own time.
Now away from all that since you already know what slack is all about? It’s time to get into what this post is all about in regards to the apps that are compatible with the business tool and platform.
Slap Essential Apps
Slap is more than just an app, it is a business tool. And in order to get the best out of this business tool, the platform has made it possible for a business to integrate their business apps and tools with it. In a bit, I will be making a list of all the apps that are compatible with slack. With that being said, below are some of the apps that are compatible with slack;
- Google drive
- Google calendar
- Simple poll
- Google calendar for team events
- ly Bot
- Google+ hangouts
- Outlook calendar
- Onedrive and sharepoint
- Slack for Gmail
- Bitbucket cloud
- Webex meetings
- Box file picker
- Microsoft team calls
- Standups, surveys, and polls | Geekbot
These are just about some of the apps that are compatible with slack. To get a full list of the apps compatible with the slack business tool, go to the slack app directory.
How Do I Integrate an App Into Slack
Do you know that you can also add apps to your workspace on slack to help you easily connect with more tools and services that you make use of on an everyday basis? Yes, this is true. And with this, you get to get more work done right from slack. To integrate an app into slack, follow the steps below;
- Click on the menu or apps icon at the top left sidebar from your desktop. Click on the three-dotted more icon if you cannot see the app’s icon.
- Now search for the app and then click on add. Immediately you will be taken to the Slack app directory.
- Click on the add to slack option and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
How to Request App Approval on Slack
This is easy. Members generally by default can request to install apps when the app approval feature is turned on. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Click on the app’s icon on the top left corner of your desktop. You can click on the three-dotted icon if you do not see this icon.
- Next, search for the app that you would like to request and then click on add. You will then be taken to the slack app directory and then click on add to slack.
- You will have to add an outcome message with more context in regards to your request. You should know that this step may be optional or required by the owners of your workspace.
- Lastly, click on submit in order to send your request. And once it has been reviewed, you will get a direct message from slackbot.