The Vienna Biocenter Summer School offers a distinctive chance for approximately 20 undergraduate students to collaborate closely with renowned researchers in a dynamic scientific setting for this 2024 academic year.
Vienna BioCenter Summer School 2024
The program strives to attract highly skilled students from various countries, fostering a lively and inclusive environment. It serves as an excellent preparation for those who have an interest in pursuing graduate studies in the field of life sciences.
Successful applicants are provided with accommodations, a travel allowance, and a stipend throughout the scholarship. The program commences on the final Friday of June and concludes on the last Friday of August (or on August 31st) each year.
Each fellow will be assigned a faculty member as their mentor, with whom they will work closely. The research project will revolve around a current topic in the designated laboratory. Under the guidance and support of the laboratory member, the scholar will be responsible for conducting experiments, analyzing data, generating ideas, and discussing their findings.
Alongside practical laboratory work, the scholar will also participate in lab meetings, journal clubs, and other related activities.
The ‘Talents-for-Future’ program is a special initiative offered by the Vienna BioCenter Summer School, providing a biology research opportunity to highly motivated and talented students, regardless of their socio-economic background. They actively encourage applications from gifted, underprivileged students who would greatly benefit from such an opportunity, which has the potential to significantly advance their career prospects.
There are several available positions in the program for students from various countries. For further information, please refer to this source.
- Complimentary housing for participating students.
- Each student will receive a stipend of 1400 euros (after tax) for the nine-week program.
- Medical insurance is provided for the entire duration of the contract.
- A free travel pass will be given, allowing unlimited use of public transportation in Vienna. throughout the scholarship period.
- Reimbursement will be provided for travel costs to and from Vienna.
- Various social events will be organized for the participants.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of two years of university study by June 30th. Here are the specific requirements:
- Currently in their third year of a four-year BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) program in a Life Science related subject.
- Currently in their fourth year of a four-year BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) program in a Life Science related subject and have either been accepted or intend to apply for a Master’s program (this will be verified later).
- Currently in their first year of a two-year Master’s course, specifically an MSc in a Life Science related subject.
- Currently in their second year of an undergraduate Bachelor’s program in the US, with a focus on a Life science-related subject.
- Currently in their second year of a four-year BTech program in India, specializing in a Life science-related subject.
- Previous research experience of at least three months.
- Strong academic performance.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Documentation proving enrollment in a university program for the current academic year and, if possible, the following year.
Important Information for MD Applicants:
- MD students can only apply if they have completed 3-4 years of their studies and have relevant research experience. Also, they must have the intention to pursue a PhD in a Life Science related subject after completing their current studies.
- The following fields of study will not be considered: Veterinary medicine, medical engineering, agriculture, pharmacy, zoology, food or nutritional science, and any other degrees that do not involve laboratory training or are unrelated to molecular and cellular biology.
- To apply for the program, interested students are required to fill out the online application form.
- During the application process, applicants will be prompted to provide the names of three laboratory heads they would prefer to work with, in order of preference.
- While it cannot be guaranteed that an applicant will be assigned to one of their preferred labs, the program organizers will make their utmost efforts to accommodate these preferences.
- Applicants will need to provide detailed information about their educational background and research experience.
For further information please visit Vienna BioCenter Summer School official website.
January 31, 2024.
- Vienna BioCenter Summer School 2023 in Austria Fully Funded – Apply Now!
- Navy Federal Credit Union – How to Apply For the Navy Federal Credit Union
- 5 Best Places to Visit on Valentine’s Day
- Georgia Department Of Public Health – Careers In Georgia Department Of Public Health
- Dating on Facebook App Free – How to use Facebook Dating in 2023 – How to activate Facebook Dating in 2023