The IRS which is an abbreviated form of the Internal Revenue Service can be referred to as the revenue service which is made into used by the United States of America Federal Government, this service main responsibility is for the collection of taxes and the administration of the Internal Revenue Code, which is the main or major body of the federal statutory tax law.
However, this article will be explained extensively or explicitly some things in relation to the United States Internal Revenue Service in order to bring your notice to its function.
Therefore if you are in dark about what the US Internal Revenue Service entails all about, it is easy, you just have to pay rapt attention to this article as its main purpose or essence is to shed light on it or as said earlier, to explain it extensively or explicitly.
Overview of the US Internal Revenue Service
In this section of this article will be highlighted the overview of the US Internal Revenue Service so as to open your mind to some of the organization’s roots. Therefore, the highlighted overview will be stated below.
- The Headquarters of the Organization is located in Ogden, Utah, United States of America
- It was established or founded on the 1st of July 1862, in the United States.
- The service officeholder is Charles Rettig (Commissioner)
- The Jurisdiction is in the United States of America.
- Lastly, the Parent Organization is the United States Department of the Treasury.
Above are the highlighted overview of the United State Internal Revenue Service, thus, this should provide you with some information about this Organization.
The 3 Main Functions of the US Internal Revenue Service
The three main functions of the US Internal Revenue Service will be given in this section of the article, thus they will be stated below.
- The first function is tax return processing.
- The second function is the taxpayer service.
- The last function is tax enforcement.
US Internal Service Revenue Online Website
WWW.IRS.GOV is the online website of the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS), this website should be visited as much you need any tax help or information, no matter the time. Therefore, this section of the article will be stated ten great ways to use IRS.gov because this website has embedded in a variety of tools and services. Thus, they are stated below.
- Your refund should be checked on it by using The Where’s My Refund?
- If you want to pay the taxes you owe, you can pay with IRS Direct Pay.
- If you are unable to pay your taxes all at once, an application for an IRS payment plan can be made on the website.
- Lastly, this website platform provides the easiest way to get a copy of your transcript just by using the transcript tool on it.
Thus, haven explained what the Subject matter entails, it should provide you the knowledge on the ways to use it and the functions of the Service Itself.