Applications are ongoing for the University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship 2023. The Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Manchester is open to students from any nationality and across all research areas.
Interested Candidates are advised to apply early as the deadline is 30th March 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Details of the University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship
- Awards Type: Scholarship
- Managing department: Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Value: Up to £1000
- Host Institution: University of Manchester
- Country: United Kingdom
- Gender: Men and Women
- Duration: 3.5 years
- Application Deadline: March 30, 2023
- The number available: Nor specified
- Funded By: University of Manchester’s Faculty of Science and Engineering
The this University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Aerospace Engineering,
- Astronomy and Astrophysics,
- Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science,
- Civil Engineering,
- Coatings and Ceramics,
- Computer Science,
- Earth and Environmental Sciences,
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering,
- Environmental Sciences,
- Fashion Management and Marketing,
- Imaging and Characterization,
Management of Projects in:
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Metallurgy and Corrosion,
- Nano and Functional Materials,
- Petroleum Engineering,
- Physics and Astronomy,
- Polymers and Composites,
- Textiles and Apparel.
About the University of Manchester
The University of Manchester is a Prestigious public research university in Manchester, England, the university was founded in 2004 by the merger of the University of Manchester Institute of Science Tech. and the Victoria University of Manchester.
The University of Manchester has a unique combination of disciplines and specialist expertise. It also has positioned itself to influence the grand challenges of this century, notably poverty eradication, securing social justice, environmental change and sustainable urbanism.
Financial Benefits of the University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards
- Full Tuition fee waiver at the international rate
- Scholars will receive annual maintenance stipends equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate
- A £1000 Research Training Support Grant per year for Participants
How to Apply for the University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship 2023?
- The University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarships is offered on a nomination basis.
- You are expected to be nominated by the university supervisor for consideration by the Faculty
- You must have an offer for a PhD programme to be considered. Therefore, you should for a place on the PhD programme of your choice as early as possible
- Ensure that you specify in the funding section of your application form that you wish to be considered for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship funding.
- The Full details of the research projects can be found on the relevant Department web pages at: http://www.se.manchester.ac.uk/our-schools/ as well as information on how to apply for PhD programmes.
- Official University of Manchester website: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-research/funding/opportunities/display/?id
Eligibility Criteria for University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards Qualification
- The scholarship is open to Applicants from any nationalities
- Candidates must hold an offer to start a PhD programme in September 2022.
- Candidates without academic offers should contact the Faculty admissions team on how to best progress a PhD application in time for the funding deadline.
- Candidates must hold a first-class honours undergraduate degree or about to
- Applicants are expected to hold a master’s qualification at merit or distinction
- Ideal Candidate must meet the English language entry requirements as specified by the Department being applied to
- A track record of engaging with research is a requirement that Applicants must meet
March 30, 2023.