The University of Kassel’s Wangari Maathai Visiting Professorship Program is an exceptional opportunity for scholars from developing countries to engage in research collaboration on global partnerships for sustainable development.
This prestigious program, named after the renowned Kenyan activist Wangari Maathai, aims to honor her commitment to justice, environmental consciousness, and human rights.
Wangari Maathai Visiting Professorship Program
The Wangari Maathai Visiting Professorship Program provides an opportunity for exceptional scientists and researchers from developing countries to join the University of Kassel for a specific duration. The program aims to facilitate knowledge exchange, interdisciplinary collaboration, and research projects related to sustainable development.
This program offers senior researchers from developing countries the chance to work closely with faculty members and students at the University of Kassel.
About the University of Kassel
The University was established in 1971 and has since evolved into a prominent institution of higher education. It was founded as part of a larger reform movement in Germany to enhance interdisciplinary research and foster innovative teaching methodologies. The university’s establishment aimed to bridge the gap between academia and society, encouraging engagement with pressing societal issues.
At the University of Kassel offers a wide range of academic programs across various disciplines. From undergraduate to doctoral studies, students have the opportunity to pursue degrees in fields such as engineering, natural sciences, humanities, social sciences, economics, arts, and more. The university fosters an interdisciplinary approach, encouraging students to explore diverse subjects and develop a holistic understanding of their chosen fields.
Benefits of Wangari Maathai Visiting Professorship Program
The Wangari Maathai Visiting Professorship Program offers a number of benefits which includes:
- A salary package for the duration of the stay in Kassel
- A round-trip airfare (at the cheapest direct commercial fare).
- The programme is designed for suitable candidates with citizenship from a DAC-List country
- The Program welcomes outstanding scientists from institutions of higher learning and research institutions who have achieved appropriate recognition in their fields
- These scientists must have obtained positions as senior researchers.
Timeline for Wangari Maathai Visiting Professorship Program
The Visiting Professorship program will be awarded for a term of six months each in the period between October 2020 to September 2024.
The terms include:
- October 1st to March 30th annually
- April 1st to September 30th annually
How to Apply
- Access the Application Form via this link: https://www.uni-kassel.de/forschung/index.php
- Please note that application must be received by 15th July 2023
- All Submitted Applications will be processed by the GPN office, Hence, they should be submitted on the GPN’s application form.
- Once the application is well completed, kindly submit it by email to: https://www.uni-kassel.de/forschung/global-partnership-network/resources-funding/wangari-maathai-visiting-professorship-program
July 15, 2023.
- Dating on Facebook Group: Facebook Dating Groups | Facebook Dating App
- Facebook Marketplace Books Films and Music: Facebook Marketplace | Facebook Marketplace Listing
- Six Easy Steps to Make Your Brand Global – Easy Steps for a Successful Brand Building
- How many Facebook Users: Facebook Account Create | Facebook Login
- Amazing Valentine’s Day Messages for Him