We are pleased to announce the Application Call for the University of Glasgow James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships 2023. The scholarship is designed to provide funds to Black UK-domiciled students to pursue a PhD research at the University of Glasgow in any research area.
The University of Glasgow James McCune Smith Ph.D. Scholarships provide a better experience through external Mentorship, placements, leadership training, community-building activities, and networking opportunities.
There are about 10 James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships offered for research in October 2023. Meanwhile, Eight of these scholarships are funded by the University of Glasgow and support research in any discipline, while Two are funded by GSK and support research in areas of interest to GSK Medicinal Chemistry.
Details About University of Glasgow James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships
- Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: University of Glasgow
- Country to study: United Kingdom
- Degree: PhD
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
About the University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is a renowned public research University founded in 1451 by a papal bull in Glasgow, Scotland.
The University of Glasgow is currently the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities.
The University of Glasgow James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships are named after James McCune Smith, a graduate of the University of Glasgow in 1837; the first African American to receive a medical degree.
Also Read: Get Top Phones Deals on Jumia Black Friday
Benefits of University of Glasgow James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships PhD Scholarships
The James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships funding covers a stipend of about £18,022 for 2023 entry and coverage for fees for up to 4 years.
The Scholarship Recipients will receive the following benefits:
- Placement with an industry, a government or a non-governmental for 6 months
- Opportunity for Mentorship from outside academia to provide a broader perspective and network, in addition to the usual academic supervisors
- Recipients will be engaged in Leadership training and community-building activities
- Gain support for conferences and other networking opportunities
How to Apply for University of Glasgow James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships 2023?
Kindly follow the steps below to apply for a scholarship with the University of Glasgow:
- Review the research interests of staff: http://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/supervisors/ this will help you suggest a research area and a supervisor.
- The next step is to Submit a completed Expression of Interest form: http://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx for assistance on your application.
- Use the application process: http://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/howtoapplyforaresearchdegree/ by first contacting potential supervisors. The topic is usually decided by the applicant in conjunction with their potential supervisor.
- Personal statement (500 words) submission via the Scholarship Portal: http://frontdoor.spa.gla.ac.uk/ScholarshipApp/
- Applicants must submit an application on the University’s MyCampus system.
- For more details,visit University of Glasgow website at: https://www.gla.ac.uk/scholarships/mccune-smith/
Requirements for University of Glasgow James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships
- Interested applicants must be UK domiciled Black Africans, Black Caribbean, Black Other, Mixed White and Black Caribbean, Mixed White and Black African, or another mixed background
- This scholarship Application does not prevent applicants from applying for other schemes to obtain a funded place.
January 31, 2023.