The U.S. – West Africa Tech Challenge 2023 is open for Submissions from eligible organizations across Africa, to showcase their innovative solutions and receive funding to counter disinformation, propaganda, and violent extremism within Coastal West Africa.
West Africa Tech Challenge
The U.S. Department of State’s Global Engagement Center, in collaboration with various partners, has initiated the U.S. – West Africa Tech Challenge 2023 to address these challenges and promote innovation in Coastal West Africa.
We have outlined in detail everything you need to know about this challenge, including its benefits, requirements, and the application deadline.
Details About the U.S. – West Africa Tech Challenge
The U.S. – West Africa Tech Challenge 2023 is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Global Engagement Center, U.S. Embassy Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire Ministry of Communication and Digital Economy, United Nations Development Programme, She Code Africa, Impact Hub Abidjan, and Becera.
The challenge aims to identify and support organizations that offer innovative solutions to expose, understand, or counter disinformation, propaganda, and violent extremism within Coastal West Africa. The challenge will take place in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, on September 27-28, 2023, as a two-part event.
Part one will consist of a demo day featuring selected technologists who will showcase their solutions. Part two will include panels and discussions among technologists, government officials, civil society, academia, and media to share lessons learned and explore opportunities for cooperation.
Benefits of the U.S. – West Africa Tech Challenge
The U.S. – West Africa Tech Challenge 2023 provides significant benefits for participating organizations.
- A $250,000 USD. The fund will be given to 3 organizations that emerged as winners
- This financial support can be instrumental in further developing and scaling innovative solutions to combat disinformation, propaganda, and violent extremism.
- Additionally, the challenge offers a unique platform for organizations to gain visibility, network with key stakeholders, and collaborate with experts in the field.
- The connections made during the challenge can open doors to new partnerships, funding opportunities, and valuable resources.
Requirements for Participation
To be eligible for the U.S. – West Africa Tech Challenge 2023, organizations must meet the following requirements:
- Organizations must be domiciled and headquartered across Africa, not limited to those based in Coastal West Africa. This requirement ensures that organizations from various regions of Africa can participate and contribute their innovative solutions.
- Participating organizations must offer innovative solutions that help expose, understand, or counter disinformation, propaganda, and violent extremism within Coastal West Africa. These solutions should leverage technology, data analysis, media literacy, or other relevant approaches to address the challenges effectively.
How to Apply
Kindly follow the guide below to apply for the U.S. – West Africa Tech Challenge 2023
- Kindly please complete the application form shown at the official website on: https://www.becera.co/west-africa-tech-challenge
- The application form requires you to enter your email address, Name, and Organization
- Click the Submit button below the page once the spaces are filled correctly
- Please note that the detailed instructions regarding Submissions will be shared in English and French.
The application deadline for the U.S. – West Africa Tech Challenge 2023 is July 16, 2023. Organizations interested in participating should ensure they submit their applications before this date.
More Related Content
- United Way Of The Coastal Bend – NGO | Fundraiser
- University Canada West Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- University Of Canada West Scholarships 2022 for International Students
- How to Activate and Use Facebook Dating – Facebook Dating
- University of Canada West Scholarship 2023 Program for International Students – APPLY NOW!