Applications are open for Students who are qualified and interested in expressing their opinions on nature. They are encouraged to apply for the Trust for Sustainable Living International Schools Essay and Debate Competition 2024. By participating, students not only have a chance to win various prizes and awards but also make a valuable contribution to promoting sustainability in nature.
TSL is eager to listen to students’ individual perspectives regarding how they believe nature can contribute to advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) within their local communities. It is advised for students to approach this material in a way that speaks to them personally.
TSL For International Student Essay Competition 2024
They are able to choose one or more SDGs that they feel represent major obstacles in their local communities, and they can research how nature can improve these conditions. In order to give life to their ideas and objectives, we strongly advise students to incorporate their own unique perspectives, outlooks, and experiences.
We encourage all students to submit a single essay written in English, that explores the topic: “How can nature help us achieve the UN SDGs in my community?”
Details of TSL International Student Essay Competition 2024
Program: TSL International Student Essay Competition 2024
Organization: Trust for Sustainable Living (TSL)
Award:£1000 plus £500
Gender: Girls and Boys
Application Deadline: January 18, 2024
Benefits of TSL International Student Essay Competition
- The esteemed Grand Prize Winner will receive a trophy and a monetary reward of £1000, while also securing £500 for their school.
- There will be a runner-up who will be presented with a trophy and a cash prize of £500, with £250 allocated to their school (cash prizes will be given in the local currency).
- All Teacher Champions, Essay Finalists, Honorable Mentions, and participants in the International Debate will be honored with personalized e-certificates as a token of their valuable contribution.
Eligibility Criteria of TSL International Student Essay Competition
- Students from all over the world are eligible to participate competition.
- The length of the essay varies depending on the age group:
- Primary student(7-11years): 400 words
- Secondary and college students (12-18years): 600 words
For example, I would like to acknowledge that I made use of ChatGPT 3.5 (Open AI, https://chat.openai.com) as a tool to summarize my initial notes and help proofread my final draft.
The judges are seeking originality and creativity in all formats, as well as the potential to contribute to meaningful national or international discussions. Well-reasoned and distinct perspectives will receive high scores.
All submissions must be original and solely the work of the student. When appropriate, a bibliography of references should be included, but it will not count towards the official word limit. Essays containing plagiarized content will not be considered for an award.
If students opt to utilize AI tools for research support, it is crucial that they refrain from using such tools to generate an essay and pass it off as their own work. If generative AI is utilized as a functional tool to assist in the essay creation process, its use must be acknowledged in the bibliography (as explained below).
Minimum Requirements To Include in Bibliography
- The system’s name and version, for example, ChatGPT-3.5
- Publisher (the company that made the AI system); e.g. OpenAI
- URL of the AI system.
- Brief description (single sentence) of the context in which the tool was used.
- The prompt(s) used by the AI system to produce a response.
Key Dates For The International Students Essay Competition
- The TSL 2024 Essay Competition on the theme of NATURE-BASED SOLUTIONS will be launched on 08 September 2023. Teacher Champions and schools are invited to register and participate in the competition.
- The final deadline for essay submissions is 18 January 2024.
- On 14 March 2024, the TSL websites will announce the finalists and honorable mentions of the International Essay Competition.
- By 18 April 2024, the top ten finalists from the Primary and Secondary categories will be notified through their Teacher Champion.
- Eligible students will receive invitations to participate in the International Student Debates from 18-22 April, sent via their Teacher Champion.
- Country Debates will take place from 14 March to 31 July 2024.
- The International Schools Debate and Awards (online) will be held in the summer of 2024, with specific dates to be confirmed.
TSL International Student Essay Competition – Application Tips
- Are you interested and qualified? Click on the link to commence your application
- For more details visit TSL Essay Competition
January 18, 2024.